Chapter 48: Love

Like the soft moonlight, the oval gem had a beautiful serene luster. It was truly worthy of its name.

The gem was held in the cub's mouth and the fluffball approached the youth with his head raised. It was clear that the Knox cub wanted to give the gem to the youth.

"Meah."

The cub was really close but as he was holding the gem he merely called out a second time and did not snuggle into the youth's arms.

Two azure eyes gazed intensely at him. Xie Tao lowered his head and looked down at the Knox cub in front of him. With chin held high, it seemed as if the was trying hard to show off the gem in his mouth. Xie Tao's heart inevitably softened a little.

Xie Tao reached out his hands and picked up the cub which was close to his arms and un-did the cloak ribbon tied at the front of the cub's neck.

They were in the hotel room, for the time being he was no longer afraid of being seen.

Without the little cloak, the cub's fluffy appearance completely appeared before Xie Tao's eyes.

Xie Tao raised his hand to touch the Knox cub's back. After stroking it twice, he put his right hand in front of the cub.

As soon as Xie Tao put forward his hand, the Knox cub lowered his head and placed the gem in the center of his palm.

Xie Tao suddenly felt the slightly cool touch of the gemstone against his skin. But after a while he noticed that the elliptical gem seemed to gradually change to a temperature similar to his body temperature and its color faintly changed with it, showing a more subtle color.

What kind of gem was this? When Xie Tao saw the gem's appearance, he at once vaguely felt the answer in his heart.

Based on its variously characteristics, this gemstone fit the description he had heard not long ago.

It was because of this similarity that Xie Tao felt a little delicate right now.

In actuality, this cub, this Knox, had already grown up... Thinking of the dust on that little black cloak and the treasure hunt those people had mentioned before, Xie Tao knew that this cub-shaped Knox must have scavenged the area near the Moon Pond in order to find the gem in his hand.

In the process, the little cloak on the Knox's body had gotten some dust on it.

Xie Tao played with the oval gem in his hand. The warm touch of the gem transmitted into his palm. He met the cyan eyes who were watching him.

"Moonstone...?" Although it was pretty clear, Xie Tao asked anyway.

"Meaah."

The end of the fluffy tail tilted slightly. The Knox cub then snuggled into the youth's arms and responded with a meow.

"Why do you want to give it to me?" Although he had a soft feeling in his chest, Xie Tao had always lacked in this aspect and couldn't make sense of  the situation.

Moonstone was mostly used as a token of love among the mermaid race, especially during the Nesela festival, this was considered a very significant gesture.

In theory, it could not be accepted lightly. But just now, the Knox holding the gem had looked like he wanted to give it to him. Xie Tao had sensed this, so he had reached out a hand to receive it without thinking.

This question could not be answered with merely a sound. The Knox cub, who originally had his head pressed against the youth's shirt, retreated a bit from the youth's embrace.

Not only because the answer required exact language, but also because the answer was very important and needed to be clearly said in face to face.

All of a sudden the fluffball in his arms disappeared. Xie Tao did not have time to respond and the next second he felt a kind of warm and cool touch at the corner of his lips.