Chapter 6: Figuring out golden finger

This situation was really too unexpected...

Many thoughts were rushing through Xie Tao's head and he had no time to sort them out, after all, there was a person in front of him that needed his attention.

Seeing that he had finally woken up, Lu Yuan was so relived that he recovered his usual style of speech. "Xie Lanlan, you frightened me!"

"When I came to see you, I found you unconscious and the yard was so messy... Did you get robbed?" That he came to this assumption was not surprising. All the pots were broken and Xie Tao had been laying unmoving on the ground... There was even a deep hole not far from him... It was not hard to guess what Lu Yuan's first thought was...

When he had first walked into the yard, he had almost fully panicked and immediately taken out his mobile in order to call the police. However, he had resisted the impulse and instead run to first check on him and see if he was still alive.

Last night, Lu Yuan had, as promised, taken a few pictures of the meteor and sent it to the Xie Tao. After getting home and looking them over, he had suddenly felt like developing the photos, and today he had come in order to show them to Xie Tao.

He had a key to Xie Tao's house, so he had opened the door directly. The reason for the key was very simple. Just as Xie Tao was sometimes too lazy to be angry and argue with others, he was also too lazy to want to open the door for him. With how often Lu Yuan came over, Xie Tao had eventually just given him his spare key.

"Nothing happened, a meteor just smashed into my backyard. When I came out to clean up the yard, I got too tired, so I laid down on the ground and fell asleep." Xie Tao couldn't exactly say that he had traveled to another world and taken care of alien cubs..  Even if he would try to explain it, it would be too complicated. He therefore replied with a half-truth joke.

Lu Yuan had been really worried about Xie Tao, but seeing that he could still make fun of him. Lu Yuan determined that he really was okey. He was relieved. "I was worried about you, really worried, even more than when my authors aren't writing.. and this story, what you told me...."

As a Jinjiang editor, Lu Yuan believed that his psychological endurance was still relatively large.

(T/N: He have to endure procrastinating authors.... Yeah, I can see why he has the "I have been through war"- tone.. )

Lu Yuan certainly didn't believe that a meteor actually hit the yard since no neighbors had been alarmed by the sound. As for this pit... Xie Tao might have dug it himself, although he didn't see any tools around but neither did he see the supposed meteor, just an empty pit.

He didn't know how the potted plants fell, but looking at the relaxed young man who looked quite decent, he did not seem to have experienced any danger last night.

Out of the whole story, Lu Yuan only felt that there was a certain degree of credibility in: "I got too tired, so I laid down on the ground and fell asleep". But thinking about it, it was really a bit ridiculous.

However since Xie Tao didn't want to tell him, he didn't intend to pursue the truth. Lu Yuan therefore changed the topic. "..whatever, it doesn't matter. By the way, my mother wanted me to ask how you were doing."

Bringing up this matter, Lu Yuan couldn't help the twitch of his eye.

His mother was a good friend with Xie Tao's mother and they had stayed in contact for more than 30 years. Even though they no longer lived near each other, they would still call every few day to hear about the other's life and ask about how they were doing. It really showed how good their relationship was.

Originally, both of their families lived in the outer edge of the capital. The two families were not too far apart and under the influence of their parents, he and Xie Tao became childhood friends.