TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. make your move !

— THE SUN HAD FALLEN LOW IN THE SKY BY THE TIME THE TWO BOYS EMERGED FROM THE GARAGE, still linked by their hands

THE SUN HAD FALLEN LOW IN THE SKY BY THE TIME THE TWO BOYS EMERGED FROM THE GARAGE, still linked by their hands.

Isabella's truck was in the driveway, a good thing otherwise Anthony would be on the hunt for Edward with garlic and holy water.

Charlie's police cruiser was no where to be seen, which most likely meant he'd be having a late night yet again.

Tony walked Jasper to his foster brother's Jeep and slowly, begrudgingly let the vampire's hand fall from his own.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" Tony asked.

"You will." Jasper agreed.

The two nodded, not quite knowing what to do or say.

Jasper had never experienced something of this sort before. It had always been blind infatuation for him, never love. The concept was foreign to him.

But as he admired Anthony Swan's face in the dim street light's glow, the idea became more and more familiar.

This person, standing in front of him was his person, and he was Tony's.

Anthony pulled out his phone for a moment to check his texts, seeing a few from his sister and his friends in Arizona. Deciding he'd answer them once he got inside, he shoved his phone back into his jeans pocket and glanced at Jasper, who was still looking at him.

"So, tomorrow." Anthony checked.

Jasper chucked.

"Yes, darlin'." He reassured.

Tony nodded and went to walk away, but he paused. Jasper had a nervous feeling rising in his chest which he assumed was from the brunet boy.

As a last ditch decision and an internal 'fuck it', Anthony turned, laying a hand against Jasper's neck and leaned upwards slightly to place a kiss on the boy's cheek.

Jasper allowed himself to melt against Tony, savouring the warmth he felt on his ever freezing skin.

Slowly, hesitantly, Tony backed away and slid his hand against Jasper's chest until he was too far to reach.

"See ya later, cowboy." He called out with a shy but loving smile, and a slight wave.

Even being that close in proximity to the Hale left him breathless, but for the first time- it was a good kind of breathless.

As Tony made his way back inside and Jasper hopped up into the driver's seat of the Jeep, he felt a wave sooth his rushing heart and knew that his move wasn't one to regret.

Anthony watched from the kitchen window as the Jeep pulled out of the driveway and disappeared down the street.

Picking up his backpack that he'd dropped inside earlier, and glancing at the clock on the wall, Tony figured that Bella would still be awake.