16

i'm unsure of many things,but never you

but never you.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

DAISY

"Alright everybody, let's load up!" One of the English teachers calls out as we stand in front of the two big buses.

I feel Seth squeeze my hand, making me glance up at him. He takes my suitcase and kisses my forehead. "I got yours." He then rolls them both over to the huge compartment under the bus.

I look over to where my brother, Ava, Austin, and Jackson stand. They're only a couple feet away, having their own conversation. I walk over and stand next to Ava, catching her attention.

"I call dibs on sitting next to Daisy!"

I giggle as the rest of the group groans.

"That's not fair." Jackson pouts.

"What's not fair?" Seth walks up and stands right behind me. On instinct, I reach back and grab onto his hand.

Ava smirks. "I'm sitting next to Daisy."

I feel him tense up. "No. There's no way i'm sitting next to one of these idiots for twelve hours."

That's right. The bus ride to Florida is going to take us a whole twelve hours. It's gonna be hard to sit still for that long, but the teachers said we get to stop every three hours for bathroom breaks and food. That's a total of four stops throughout the trip.

"Too bad. I called her first." She sticks her tongue out at him.

I turn around in Seth's hold and look up at him with a small smile. "Don't worry Seth, you can sit by me on the way back."

SETH

My annoyance disappears at the sound of her voice and my eyes soften when I look down at her.

I sigh and grumble under my breath. "Yeah."

Dustin smirks and pats my back. "Hey, at least you get to sit next to me now."

I send him a glare and choose not to reply.

"Okay kids, pick someone to sit by and hop on." One teacher says, with an excited smile. I roll my eyes but follow after Daisy to the bus.

Of course I get stuck sitting next to Dustin and not Daisy. Even the seats next to them were taken so we had to find somewhere to sit further in the back. I tried to threaten the kids sitting there to leave but Dustin wouldn't let me.