Chapter 11

"I called your mom, and she told me that you're here. Woman, you just got back and now you're managing a coffee shop? Can you at least take a breather?"

"And you didn't even text me telling that you came back?", Eri scoffs as she sips on her latte, leaning back on the comfy seat of the chair.

"I arrived yesterday and I am not over my jet lag, yet. But here I am", placing the matte black helmet at the empty seat besides her, her eyes caught the glances from the people around her. Smirking as she winks at the shy guy checking her out just across the table, she chuckles lightly when she saw Eri rolling her eyes at her.

"Hani, does your mother know you're in Seoul?"

"Do you think I am going to tell her?", running a hand in her long locks, she pouts as she crosses her leg. "I came back because my lame ass is bored, and I want to see my two best friends.

Eri didn't say anything as she looks at her friend, Choi Hani, or their friends in the states call her "Honey". Hani has been the rebellious one, sneaking out at night coming back during the dust, sometimes missing in action just to have her drunk texting either Eri or Risa. She may be the radical one, but she's the kindest at heart. Hani has a long history about her well-off family and her parent's ignorance towards their one and only daughter. Born to an heir and heiress, her parents rarely check on her forgetting that Hani is a human, and she needs love and care too.

Hani did say she is entirely grateful to have met Eri and Risa while she was studying. Both of them have been Hani's refugee for love and affection and that's how they became really close.

"You didn't get pregnant, did you?", Eri teases earning a glare from Hani.

"No, thank god. Why are you doubting me—"

"You and your one-night stands and no-boyfriend rule is going to get you into trouble here. This is not the states. You better not do that here", Eri raised her eyebrows as she takes another sip of her drink.

"I am here not to talk about me and my inglorious one-night stand adventures. I am here to talk about Risa. Who did her dirty?"

"I see you saw the news", sighing as she drums her fingers on the table, Eri pressed her lips as she looks at Hani worriedly.

"Did she get herself into trouble or—"

"She was just there at the wrong place and at the wrong time. The guy is an heir, and he works in this building"

"Kim Taehyung, isn't it? He owns this building. I did my research on the flight. Called a few friends to ask about him. Seems like he is one clean businessman from the high-society circle. No malicious gossips, loved by everyone and respected by the circle. So, it makes sense that they want to dig some dirt out of him. Do they know about our Risa?"

"Not a clue"

"So, they have no idea about Risa, at all?", Hani raised her perfectly arched brown eyebrows.

"Not even close. I am more worried about Risa. She is up there, bounded to stay within their safe radius so that none of the media get to dig her personal information. They are keeping her safe but...I find it absurd for her to be kept up there"

Hani curves a knowing smirk as she looks at Eri before taking out her phone. "I'll do something about it. There's a few articles I stumbled upon and I realized it has been taken down"

"Taken down?", Eri finally straightens her back. "What do you mean taken down?"

"Looks like they are really taking good care of her"