Chapter 7

Invisible

.•*•.VII.•*•.

     The water is so soft and so still and it rarely moves at all which does make me wonder how it can be that way but the sky is clear and no wind in the air to move it but there are fish in the water that constantly move around which should move the water yet it does not move that much. The sunshine breaks through the tress like it had done this morning and it shines on my back to warm me up even if the world is not cold it does make me shiver a bit for an unknown reason. The calm water is much easier to fish in as I sometimes can see the fish when it swims by and that way I know where to the throw the bait into the water to catch them. It has been about ten or so minutes or so and I have only caught one fish and a small one for that but that doesn't matter to me. The fish that I had for dinner the day before had been taken by some animals, otherwise I would've eaten that for breakfast but I suppose I had it coming and I knew that it would be taken in the night for they can't help it, they need to eat and feed their offsprings which I understand and I am all right fishing for more food. Somehow I find it calming and this lake is somehow a place where I can take a deep breath and just enjoy the moment with nothing hanging over me like chores or people or my family. This place is somewhere where I can be safe and by myself which I don't really mind at all. Sitting by the lake I am however reminded but the incident that did take place here only a couple of hours ago and speaking of...

My ears pick up the sounds of footsteps coming behind me and I don't even need to turn around to know that it is him as I know that we are the two of us here. At least this time he did not startle me as I was able to hear him come unlike before when I became far too frightened which I'm sure he does on purpose, though I think he has learned his lesson from last night. While my body is terrified of him I am getting better on hiding and keeping the fear inside me away from him and I do not know if he can see it of not but I can only pray that he can't since he does feed on fear and that is bad when I feel nothing but fear around him. He stands there for some time, just watching me? I do not know and I do not care much or that since that doesn't even matter to me as I'm trying to catch my breakfast as my stomach is acting more and more hungry with each passing minute that I think of catching the fish for me to eat. I know he stands behind me but I don't look at him, but I was about to when I feel some resistance and a fish has bitten on the bait. For a moment I wrestle with it to get it up from the water and I can tell that this fish is a big one, I can feel it when I try to but with all my strength I do manage to pull it up and get it above the water before I gentle set it down on the grassy ground. "Human, if I did not know better I would say you get pleasure from sneaking away from me" He says, the first words that he has spoken since he walked over to me and while my face is confused I still don't look at him as I'm focused on the fish as I'm not about to lose this one.

"Forgive me, sir. I did not mean to sneak off and I deeply apologize for that. I only wanted to catch breakfast for myself" I tell him, gesturing the fish that I have caught, though I barely even paying attention to the man as I'm focus on the fish and I know that this is big enough to last the whole day for me and even longer than that since my stomach can't really handle that much food at once. I hear him take a deep breath as if he is trying to calm down and I figure that I must have done something wrong and now he will punish me and I can only wait for it to happen. "Stop calling me sir, I prefer my own name" He says to me while I'm putting away and cleaning everything that I had used to fish and then I wish my hands. I did not expect him to say those words but then again I realize that everything that he does are things that I did not expect him to do nor say and I am confused. I do not understands why he would not want me to call him 'sir' for that is how I have been raised to speak to those who are above me and he is above me in status, even my parents were above him, I believe since they allowed him to walk all over them and do whatever he wanted, they did not treat him like a normal guest but that is none of my business and I truly should not be thinking this. "Forgive me, sir. But I fear that I do not know what your name is as I am not important enough to know such things" I answer him, only speaking the truth, while I know other servants knew what his name is I did not for I am not worthy of it. Even when I had spoken to him I did not look up at him, perhaps out of fear or perhaps because I am trying to keep myself busy to not look at him out of fear of him.