viii. miraz

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
MIRAZ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓MIRAZ

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

     The next day, Reagan woke up quite early and looked around her as soon as she did. Everyone was asleep. Everyone but a person. She got up from the floor and walked towards the blonde boy, the High King, who was admiring the sunset and seemed to be lost in his thoughts. 

     "Good morning, Peter," she saluted, making him jump slightly, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

     "It's okay, good morning Reagan. How are you? Did you sleep well?"

     "I am quite fine, thank you. And I slept well enough. What about you?", she answered his questions smiling. The girl felt extreme relief when Peter smiled back at her; she was afraid that after the whole incident that took place the previous day, the oldest Pevensie felt reticent about her.

     "I have not been able to sleep much, you know? I'm worried about what can happen," he explained, not even sure why he was doing it so. Of course, he didn't expect her to understand, but something about the girl made him comfortable.

     "I know, it has been on my mind lately too. But I am sure that the Narnians will win if it is you who leads them. From what I've seen and heard, you are an awesome king. Not just king, High King," she started, "and I'm sure that Aslan gave you that title for some reason."

     "How do you know Aslan gave us the title?"

     "Oh, Edmund and Lucy explained it to me. I am sorry if it is a disturbance, please don't get mad at them. It was me who asked. I am always asking, in case you haven't noticed," she apologized yet once again, slightly embarrassed. Second time that day.

     "Oh, do not worry. It is not an inconvenience. I am just surprised. Not because of Lucy, she loves Aslan and speaks about him every time she can, but because of Edmund. It is quite difficult to get him to talk about everything that happened when we were last here. Dark times he doesn't want to remember."

     "Yes, he told me about it yesterday. He feels really sorry."

     Both of them stayed there, silent, just watching the sunrise. It was so powerful that Reagan had to close her eyes for a moment due to the tears forming on them. Soon, the whole camp started waking up and, after having breakfast, each one continued with their own job.

     While Edmund and Reagan practised with the sword, the dryads called her to present her with her new dress. It was astonishingly beautiful, and she didn't lose a minute before changing clothes. It fitted her like a glove and the fabric was the smoothest one she had ever felt. When she got out of the How, Edmund couldn't help but look at her, amazed. She didn't look like the same girl and everyone would have agreed that she looked amazingly pretty.