Chapter Sixteen:

A/N: Hello everyone, sorry it took me some time to update.

I wrote a little longer chapter for you since this week is going to be really busy for me, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to update 'till the weekend. I'm going to try my best!

---------------------------------

Zach's POV:

I exit the bathroom and saw Brian already got into his car. He was leaning on his hand, that was rested on the window. He looked very disturbed.

I entered the car and got my seatbelt on. Brian started the car and we drove quietly to the bakery.

We didn't have a shift together for quite a bit, after all, he was hired so I could have more free time, and usually, I was working whenever he had football practices.

I could tell Brian was still very pissed. I just wasn't sure if he's pissed at me, or at Matthew, or at the entire situation in general.

He literally didn't say a word to me in the past hour.

We entered the bakery, and my dad was at the cashier counter. When he saw the both of us, he just gasped.

I mean, I can't blame him. Brian was still rocking a terrible bruise on half of his face, and my nose was twice the size of the one I woke up with this morning.

"what the hell happened to you two!?" my dad asked worriedly.

"it's nothing, Dad," I said.

"nothing!? You both look like you've just got out of a fight club!"

"I got bruised at my football practice, Mr. Daniels"

"Not sure how it went all up to your face, but ok, what about you Zachary? What happened to your nose?"

"I... I got hit from a basketball back at P.E class"

"I thought you learned to stay as far as you can from balls... you have a history of weird injuries from all types of balls..."

I just made a grumpy face at him and both me and Brian were heading to the back room to get ready for our shift.

When we got back to my dad, he wasn't wasting any time.

"since both of you are looking hideous, I think it's better the both of you will stay back at the kitchen 'till the end of the day. Jenny will come in an hour or so to replace me at the counter. Brian, you can already go back to the kitchen, start making plain icing please, for at least 200 cupcakes. We've got a big order for tonight. I'll tell Zach which colors to add in a second. Zach, do you mind staying with me outside for a second, I need to ask you something, personally"

Brian seemed to get my dad's hint and entered quickly to the kitchen.