Part 4

_
C O L E

We were walking out of my house as my mom waved bye to me sniffling a bit. She is so extra! Just because this is my first friend outing she feels the need to get all emotional.

I used the hand that was not in a wrist guard and waved at her smiling softly. My hand was hurt pretty bad, but since we didn't have a lot of money my mom got me a wrist guard to keep off my hand for a while.

We walked to Andi's house. As you probably already know, it was just down the street so I assured my mom we could walk.

When we were close by I smelled the warm cinnamon rolls that surrounded the place. This smell made me always feel at ease and I really needed it. I was nervous spending the night with Andi. I did go to his house yes.

But stay? A night!

I was freaking out!

We walked into his house. As I walked in I heard noises coming from the kitchen. I take a peek behind the wall to get a glimpse of a slim lady with dirty blonde hair like Andi.

I guess that's his mother.

She looks up and turns her head to look at me. "Hello there!" She exclaimed making her way out of the kitchen. I shuffle back to were I had dropped my items so I could pick them up.

She jumps up happily to me and shakes my hand firmly. "Hi, you must be Cole. I'm Amber, Andi's mom." She said nice and calm. She reminds me a lot if my own mom. Just by the first introductions.

"Thank you Ms. Amber for letting me stay the weekend." I politely answered her back.

"Oh. . .your welcome sweetie it's nice having you. You're far better than those rowdy boys Andi use to hang around."

"Oh. . .well I try to be!"

She laughs softly before she excused her self to check on the food. "Dinner will be ready soon. Cole go get settled in, I'll call you when the foods done." She pops back in the front area before returning to the food. I grab my bags and walk with Andi to his room.

_
"Your mom seems nice!" I smile brightly at him. "Well not once you get to know her." He huffs crossing his arms. I chuckled and placed my bags in the corner of his room to the far left. I was so jealous, his house was always so clean and nice. It was very homey and cozy with a warm vibe to it. My heart started to beat faster as I stared at Andi.

What was I doing!?

He looked back at me blushing slightly while clearing his throat. His ocean wave eyes looked sheepishly around the room. "Do you want to play some games while we wait?" He whispered lowly. I nodded my head and sat down on one of his bean bag chairs waiting to kick his ass!

_
I snapped out if my thoughts as I felt a hand collide with my shoulder. I jumped up at the sudden gesture I was getting from Andi. "You seemed lost in thought. You okay?" he worried with his face a little scrunched and eyes wide open. "Yea. I guess I wasn't realizing what I was doing." I started to blush feeling the heat reach to my cheeks fidgeting with the controller in my hands.

"Boy's dinner is ready!" Ms. Amber yelled, I was shocked that a nice sweet lady had that much punch in her voice.

Andi laughed as he stared at me with a 'told you so' look. I rolled my eyes and just followed him out the room and into the dining room.

We get to the small round table with four place mats. I stared at the places confused. I guess Andi's father was eating with us too.

"Your father is running a little late. But he should walk in any minute!" She giggled uncontrollably.

A couple minutes later Ms. Amber was still setting the food on the table. Soon the door creaks open to reveal a quite handsome man caring a brief case while wearing a suit. "Welcome home sweetie!" Ms. Amber ran up to Mr. Beckett to give him a peck on the cheek.

"What's this?" he says with a hint of comedy in his voice as well as confusion.

"Oh well. . .this is Andi's new friend. His name is Cole!" She said bouncing eagerly introducing me. His face lit up with a 'welcome to the family kind if look'. "Oh. . .well son bring it in and give me a proper handshake. You can call me Kade!"

I nodded and started to stand up as a strong grip held me down tightly on my shoulder.

"Dad come on! Just come sit down so we can eat, I'm starving." Andi whined with the cutest pout I'd ever seen. His eyes wrinkled a bit making him look like a grumpy little kid. Mr. Kade frowned and sat next to me, his back facing the kitchen.

We took the food from the middle of the table and started to grab the food with our silverware platting it in our plates before chowing down.

We ate in an uncomfortable silence. But the tension was broken by quick banter. "So Cole how's school? You were new right?" Ms. Amber asked me. "It's good. I guess this the part I tell you about my life right?" I blinked innocently.

They all laugh.

"Ummmm. . .Yea" Mr. Kade giggled with a throaty laugh.

"Well I'm an A honor a roll student, I sing and play guitar. I'm a band geek too. I play baritone/euphonium in wind ensemble. My parents got a divorce so that that's why I moved here. I don't care that much anymore because I never really liked my dad."

They all looked at me as their mouths dropped open letting the flies in. Andi nudged my side "You never told me that?" He whispered yelled chuckling a bit. "Well you never asked." I smirked at him.

Ms. Amber was grinning for ear to ear and she looked so happy. "So how long have you two been dating!" She smiled brightly.

I choked out and Mr. Ambers face fell instantly. They had surprised looks on their faces while Andi just looked pissed.

He got up in a flash storming away into his room slamming the door behind him. "W-Why would you ask that!" I shifted uncontrollably. "Oh..." She had a guilty expression written all over her face while Mr. Kade ate and looked around as if watching a drama on T.V.

"Well now that I asked I guess I'll tell you. . .Andi's gay sweetheart."

I opened my mouth with pure shock. I honestly did not expect that.

Now that I know, I was starting to have feelings for him.