12. fly

June 20th, 1986. Airport. 12:25 P.M.

I return to the group without anything from the list, as I approached the bewildered stares, panic sets inside of me. Maybe they knew what I did, could Roland have possibly told them? It wasn't until Manny badgered, "Where's all the stuff?" that I realised I was safe, for now at least. 

"They didn't have anything." I bluntly lied, everyone except Roland looked at each other then back to me, "Behind you is a store, I can see food over there." Ian pointed to it. 

I looked over my shoulder to the store, from here I could see everything on the list. "It's all very expensive over there. I checked, the chips are like thirty dollars." I say, rubbing my arms.

I was saved by the announcement of our plane going over the speaker, "Thank god." I voiced to myself, throwing one of the bags over my shoulder and following everyone to the boarding lady.

She checks all of our tickets and lets us board the plane. We walk down the tunnel which lead to the outside. I wait until Curt comes after me, and we walked onto the plane together.

I look at my ticket, and shift down the aisles between the seats before taking throwing the bag into the overhead compartment, taking the seat I was assigned too. I frowned seeing Curt stop at a seat far away from me, he looks back to me and shrugs as Kate is seated right beside him.

My blood boiled slightly, until the deep voice of Roland is above me, "Well isn't this just charmingly ironic." His mouth curved into an smirk, as he placed the bag above, his groin was right in my face as he stretched up, "Like the view?" he asked, looking down at me. 

"Sit down." I pulled him by the hand, until he sat. I give him a quick glance before turning my gaze away, "Damn, I should've peed when I said I needed too."  he grumbles, buckling the seat belt up.

"Nice to know." I said, trying to avoid him. He leans over and his hot breath whispers against my ear, "Are you on your period? you seem mad at me." he says, disregarding any manners he had. 

I shift my body towards him and bend in real close, "I'm not. But now that you've said that, you bet I'm pissed." I stand up and walk into the small porter toilet just to get away from him. He sinks into the seat, and throws his leg over his knee, "Women." He says, rubbing his temples.

I wait out in there for as long as it took, which only lasted around ten minutes before someone came knocking on the door and I had to return to my seat, "Hiding from me?" Roland smiles upon me sitting back down. I cross my arms, pouting my lips like a child, "Don't speak to me."