Six- Good bye Forever

"Yes we're on our way to the airport now." Joanie said as she was explaining to her hysterical sister about what had happened a few hours before.  

"I know this should be a shock to you but, I'm actually happy but sadly leaving is the only solution. It's sudden but I really have no other choice." Joanie's sister was trying to consume all the information on the other line. " Hey hey hey listen, I'm driving so I'll call you when I'm at the airport." Joanie hung up and turned to Dylon on the back seat. He looked at her curiously. She knew that although Paul was gone there was no way she could forget him. There would always be Dylon, his little clone, reminding her of all the good times they once shared. 

"You okay honey?" She asked.  

"Yea I guess so. Will daddy be coming to Canada?" 

Joanie tried focusing on the road ahead. "He has a lot of work to do, so maybe not" She looked at Shantel sympathetically. She hated lying to her son but she knew he would never understand what happened, not at such a young age. Joanie promised herself to tell him later.  

"Well that's okay" Dylon said after a moment of hesitation "Daddy would ruin the fun anyways. But don't tell him I said so"  

Joanie felt her stomach clench "I won't" She managed. 

Joanie refused to think of the distant future she knew that the moment she did she would have turned the vehicle back home. The drive to the air port was a long one and when they finally arrived Shantel had to wake Dylon up since he had fallen asleep. Night fall was approaching and they all were tired after a long day. They hastily left the vehicle and began walking towards the building. 

"What are you gonna go with the car?" Shantel asked her mother. 

"Aunt Jackie will come pick it up, that reminds me." Joanie removed her phone from her bag and dialled her sister's number. "Hey Jackie, it's me Joanie." 

"I know. I'm guessing you're at the airport." Jackie replied on the other of the line. 

"Yeah, you sound a little calmer. I'm really sorry I have to leave you like this." 

"I understand, besides the bastard had it coming. I love you Joanie" Joanie could hear her sister's voice breaking and trying to avoid bursting into tears.  

"I love you to, please don't cry. I'll get through this and so will you." Joanie sighed as she tried to think of reassuring words. "Plus you will see us again, we may have a few facial changes but that's it. This shouldn't be a good bye." 

"Oh yea so what is it?"  

"It's a see you soon, again, later. I don't know okay, just stop being so depressed. The kids are excited and I already feel guilty for lying to Dylon so you're not really helping when you're acting like this." Joanie said lowering her voice so her son wouldn't hear.  

"You're right I'm sorry. I just still can't believe the bastard's gone. So where's the body?" 

Joanie closed her eyes trying not to remember the gruesome images. "Buried, in the backyard I think, Shantel took care of it." 

"Shantel? Jesus Joanie you let your own daughter bury her father?"  

"Well I helped and she was the one who wanted to do it besides I was way too busy packing and cleaning up the blood in the kitchen." 

"Oh Joanie what have you gotten yourself into? I-" 

"Listen" Joanie interrupted. "I'm trying to start a new okay. Hey I have to go check in now If I want to leave by tonight." 

"Alright sis" 

"Yea and don't forget to pick up my client book at the house and make calls to all of them and tell them that you will be taking care of their clothes from now on and-"

"I know I know and you left for the Middle East due to medical reasons." 

"Good bye Jackie, I'll miss you" 

"Hey like you said it's not good bye. See you soon." 

"Yea soon" Joanie smiled and hung up she looked at her two angels. "Well guys this is it." 

Half an hour later Joanie and the kids were on board the plane heading for Canada. Shantel had tugged on her mother's arm.  

"Mom?" 

Joanie kept her eyes fixed on the window, she watched as she ascended further and further away from what was now considered her past. "Yes darling." 

"From now on I'm Sasha okay?" Joanie looked at her daughter and sighed she would have given anything to be as strong as Shantel. She had to change her identity her looks everything they all did  

"Yeah and I'm Marissa, Marissa Brown." 

"That's a great name mommy" Dylon included he looked at the window and said "Good bye Joanie Jules and hello Marissa Brown."  

Joanie felt tears rapidly fill her eyes. "I like the sound of that."