Two-Cant Find My Marriage

Joanie was trying to explain to her disappointed customer why she could not pick up the dress while the kids got ready for school. 

"Yes Miss Zeeman, I understand, and I truly apologize, however before the week is over I know ill be finished by then."Miss Zeeman said something on the other line. "Okay perfect, and thanks again for your patience." 

By the time Joanie was done on the line she had already dressed for work {one handed} but she was used to this hectic schedule however she had no time to do the little things like cooking, cleaning the house, and helping her kids with school, so all that stuff was left to Shantel. She was really the mother of the house. She hated it but anytime she would try to object her father would yell. 

"Shantel is Dylon dressed?" 

"Yes mom, and you have a P.T.A meeting at his school today don't forget." 

"Oh shoot I have no time." Everyone was exiting the house at that time and headed for the vehicle. 

"Paul could you go just this once?" Joanie looked at Paul with her bright green eyes filled stress as she sat in the front seat of their Lincoln Navigator. Paul looked at her sympathetically. 

"You know I never go to these things, why would I go now?" he asked while slamming his door. 

"Come on Paul you're a parent too you know." 

Dylon suddenly stepped into the conversation. "Yea daddy, why does mummy always have to go?" 

The entire family stayed silent for a moment. Big mistake Shantel said to herself. Paul turned around and slapped Dylon hard across his face. 

"You are too disrespectful. Where is your respect" 

"Paul!?" Joanie screamed, Paul suddenly lifted his hand toward Joanie; when Dylon began to cry Paul turned back to him and yelled  

"Be quiet!" Dylon stopped abruptly Shantel just sat there looking outside the window wishing to be at school to be away from this misery. The Jules family rode away in silence. 

A couple days after the incident Joanie and Paul still hadn't spoke and Shantel was beginning to get worried, but she tried not to let it show. She was on the couch one afternoon texting this cute guy she met on line and was intent on not making either of her parents find out. She had a very strict upbringing and her parents would blow a fit if they found out she was talking to a 19 year old guy who was still in high school.  

Her mother entered the room when their conversation was just getting heated. "What are you doing on that phone?" She asked suspiciously. 

Shantel's heart skipped a beat "Oh just talking with Vivian." 

"Vivian. Oh really? "Joanie said as she yanked the phone from her daughter's hand. She stood their looking at the last text that Shantel received. "So why is Vivian saying when can we meet?" 

Shantel's heart was racing rapidly she had to think of something quick or it would be her funeral in the next 3 seconds. "A group project, we have to do a group project she wants to know when we can meet to start." Shantel was proud of herself and she knew her mom fell for it.  

" Okay then, but I know Vivian is not the only person you keep talking to on this phone and you better quit it before I get your father involved." Joanie warned. 

Shantel knew this was not just some typical threat her mom was dead serious. Her father was never a force to be reckoned with especially when it came to boys. One time Shantel was caught talking to a guy near her father's office and she got spanked terribly in front of the guy and all the way home. Before Paul went away Shantel loved him more than Mac n' cheese itself. He would take them out to Mc Donalds, the hot springs even to the Water Park but afterwards he just changed and now she despised him. She knew he no longer loved her mother; sure there were times when they laughed but never as before.