Chapter 31

A/N: Remember what happened in the previous chapter?

~

She woke up the next morning a little tender between the legs.

Saving herself only for the man she loved; it was something she believed in ever since she was old enough to understand pleasure. To her, sex was something special that could only be shared between two people who were committed to each other. At the beginning of her stay in New York, she would never have envisioned this happening.

This was so unlike her; letting go of a conviction she had made when she was younger.

She couldn't deny the attraction she felt for him, for he was an attractive man who was nice to her.

Did it mean that she loved him, then?

Hana didn't have a clear answer to that. She cared for him, she enjoyed his company, and she wanted him to be happy. Maybe she would find her answer someday, but for now, she was content to snuggle beside him.

An arm snaked around her waist and a head burrowed itself onto her shoulder. A sleepy murmur left him as a leg tucked itself over hers.

'Morning,' came his sleepy rumble.

'Morning,' she said softly, turning herself to him.

Being so close to him still made her melt, it still made little wings flutter in her belly, it made her smile and want to inch closer and curl up between his arms.

'Are you alright?' he whispered. His hand was warm on her back, running over her spine.

'Mm,' she murmured.

Last night's activity hadn't bidden the shyness that crept up whenever they were so close.

'Does it hurt anywhere?' he asked.

She blinked, unsure if he really wanted to know.

'I'm...sore.'

He seemed to know where she referred to for a smile curled his lip.

'Want me to kiss it better?'

If she wasn't fully awake earlier, then she was now. She ducked her face below the quilt, her face a bright red, her eyes screwed shut.

How could he just casually say something like that?

Her heart thudded wildly behind her ribcage. The thought of his mouth on that very private spot, his head between her legs, it made something wild leap within her.

'Are you thinking about it?' he asked.

'Stop it,' she grumbled. 'You can't just say things like that.'

~

'Did you have a happy birthday last night?' Mickey asked with a sly smile

'Yeah,' Leon said brightly before he could catch himself.

Mickey let out a satisfied hum as he dramatically sniffed the air, raising his head as he snuffled around Leon's neck. He drew away, smacking a hand to chase away Mickey's inquisitive nose.

'I detect it on you,' he announced.

'What?' Leon asked in alarm, casting him a glance as he strode down the hallway to his office.

'The aura,' Mickey began loudly, his arms raised, 'of good sex.'

'Oh, fuck you!' he growled, wishing he had something in his hands to throw at the man.

1.1 | The Yakuza BrideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara