TWENTY-NINE

PART TWENTY-NINE

Ξ GU,OD Ξ

Monse and Cesar sat in a deadly silence, allowing the harrowing news to reel into their consciousness. Monse twisted the ring that adorned her middle finger absentmindedly. "So you're telling me that your brother has a child?" She questioned slowly, as if to make the situation seem less complicated than it already was.

Cesar stared down at the crumpled letter that rested in his grasp. "I didn't even know that he had a child with her," He scoffed angrily, "And he didn't even tell me." Monse soothingly rubbed his back. "Well, let's find him." She proclaimed enthusiastically.

Knitting his thick eyebrows together, Cesar let out a chuckle. "Are you crazy? I'm not gonna look for some child that's supposedly Oscar's."

"But why not? I know for a fact that you must be curious about your little nephew." She bargained smoothly. He shook his head as a drowsy smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. "It isn't a good idea, Monse." She playfully nudged his shoulder. "But aren't you curious about his appearance? If he has Oscar's eyes, nose or lips? If he maybe even resembles you?" She pleaded somewhat wistfully.

Cesar's inquisitive eyes flickered over to her face. She held a firm expression of resolve in her eyes. "Oscar will kill me for this," he sighed while dragging his hands down his face in some sort of frustration. "Or he will love you even more." Monse contrasted.

Oscar sat beside Jose's bed while the old man slept in peace. With nothing but the idea of Sin being distant burning in the boughs of his consciousness, he closed his eyes, entwined his hands together and did the one thing he never did; he prayed.

He cleared his throat in effort to soothe his nervousness before beginning, "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. Forgive me Father, for I have omit You. I don't pray as much as I should but, please God hear me out. Relieve Sindya's heart of anything but love. Relieve her pain and sadness and may she find happiness, even if it's not with me. Protect her during the triumphs and trials of her life. I thank You for allowing me to pray, Father. Amen."

He slowly released a ragged breath before opening his eyes. A lone tear forged a path down his cheek which Oscar quickly diminished by forcefully wiping it away. His glossed eyes landed on Jose who gave him a drowsy smile. "Sorry for waking you up." He apologized bashfully. The old man shook his head and dismissively waved his hand, "De nada, you didn't wake me up." Oscar nodded absentmindedly, his thoughts scattered along his mind. "What you did just now," Jose continued, "Praying for Sin, it confirms that I was right all along."

Oscar knitted his eyebrows together. "Right about what?"

"About the love between you being true love. Praying for someone is the purest form of love you will ever find. And that tells me that you shouldn't allow her to push you away. She's hurt, hijo. She feels extremely guilty for what happened and it's your job as her lover to try and make her feel content within herself. If she pushes you away, you get closer until she finally drops down her guards." He crooned in a deep baritone voice due to the sleep slowly creeping up again.

"She hates me right now, Jose. How can I make her feel content if she despises the sight of me?" Oscar spat in some sort of frustration. His face stood stoically, despite of all the strings of emotions swiveling through his eyes. "Make her, Oscar. Sometimes you've got to toughen up. You can't always be the lover in the relationship. Fight for her, hijo." He breathed out at last before his trembling eyelids slowly slid shut, letting him drift into a peaceful slumber.

Fight for her, hijo.
Fight for her,
Fight.

I'M SO SORRY FOR LETTING YOU WAIT SO LONG, but tbh i'm kinda waiting for season 2 so i can have some inspiration and so i can see oscar's fine ass some more😛

BUT OVERALL, A MILLION THANK YOU'S WON'T EVEN BE ENOUGH FOR THE SUPPORT THAT YOU'VE BEEN SHOWING! THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS, VOTES AND CHILLEEEEE
WE'RE ALMOST REACHING A 100K READERS. THANK YOU.🙏🏿