Chapter 15: The Man

"(Y/n)!" Law growled, a swing of his sword had cut down a towering bush. No leads...

"Crystal Girl!" Luffy called out, cuffing his hands around his mouth.

"She has a name Y'know," Law glared at Luffy who childishly shrugged his shoulders as if nothing was wrong in the slightest.

"Crystal Girl!" Luffy called again.

Law rolled his eyes of gold. "And he doesn't listen for shit..."

"It's Luffy we're talking about," Zoro comments. "He doesn't listen to anybody."

"I've figured..." Just one day with Luffy back at Punk Hazard was enough for Law to learn Luffy's true personality. A child, nothing more than a child in a rubbery muscle bound body of a man. With each passing second, the Surgeon of Death begins to regret half of his decisions. He took the risk of stealing you right out from under the Government's nose just to lose you thereafter to a damn plant of all things out there. Law should've never allowed you to join along on this journey, if that decision were refused at the time it were made, you wouldn't be in such grave danger. The guilt ate at the Surgeon like a parasite.

"Where are you Kessho?" Law muttered under his breath. There has to be a sign! That vine were wrapped around your ankles, it then dragged you backwards within a blink of an eye. The entire crew has been following the path directly backwards this entire time with a select few who broke away to comb the area some more. The lush forest were so dense, it were nearly impossible to simply walk. Air becoming thicker the deeper the crew traveled within. Where are you? You can't be far.

My chest hurts…

My chest hurts!

“I think I’m dying,” you choked out, clutching and clawing at your chest. Growing from a state of unconsciousness. Your arms could barely move, it all felt as if your head were being squeezed between a gorilla’s hands. The pressure so head pounding, your eyes weren’t all that strong enough to even open. It all hit you at once, the lower half of your body were numb as if sleeping on a bed of ice. You’re upside down, dangling from one ankle. “Ugh… How did I get into this position,” you grunted using all the strength you could muster just to peel open your eyelids. Everything came out as a blurry mess, white stars clouded your vision like the night sky. Green, that’s what you saw.

“R-really… I don’t remember how I got into this mess,” you groaned, awaiting your vision to clear if only a little just to make out the surroundings. While the process was agonizingly slow, like a snail taking it’s precious time, your vision cleared just enough to make out the black outline of a figure rather small in size who stood directly below you, staring up and surveying you. You couldn’t make out the figure’s more prominent features, but you could piece together the build resembled those of a man.

“H-Hey!” You waved lazily. “Can I get some help down? I don’t know how I got here-” you choked once again, clutching at your chest through your tank top. “I-I think I’m having a heart attack! My chest hurts so bad…” Your breathing grew ragged, nearly impossible to take in or release even an ounce of air.

“You look rather young to be having a heart attack,” a smooth male’s voice points out in a rather snobbish tone. Your hopes of being released from whatever it was that kept you dangling from the air had soon melted away. There’s no way this man will help you just hearing the way he talks.

“Listen!” You gasped. “I’ve recently had a heart transplant surgery and I was warned the organ was too big for my chest but it was life or death! Just please help me before I die-”

“It’s not exactly my choice on if the plant wants to release you or not,” the man paced about a circle below you. “I suppose I can lend a hand.”

“Thank you,” you were pleased to hear despite the pain that pierced your chest.

“I’d appreciate a name,” the man hummed, he hasn’t moved an inch.

“(Y/n) of the Heart Pirates… Now please get me down,” you were growing light headed again. Was this your heart giving out? Or the pain getting to your head?

“I believe we’ve met before (Y/n),” the man announced.

“I mean your voice sounds familiar but I have no clue who you are…” Your strength were gone, you couldn’t keep your hands to your chest anymore. All sounds of the jungle came out as echoes from the chirping crickets and buzzing frogs to the loud cicadas looking for their mates. Your vision began to go black.

“My name is…” And you were gone.

This book is unfinished and I apologize... I went through a depression and since then I lost interest in things I used to love doing, including writing. I can't bring myself to finish this as well as another one of my works.