Chapter 7

Song: Pnb Rock-Notice me

"What happened!?"

Jade asked as she walked into the hospital room. Crystal was laying in a hospital bed with their parents by her side she had bruises on her face and a bandage on her nose.

Jade looked at her sister.

"It's getting late so your mom and I are going to go their dad told them as they walked out of the room.

"I went to go see Ray and... things got bad."

Jade was shocked.

"You were.... Jade stopped herself despite the fact she wanted to scold her

"What happened?" she asked

"I went to find Ray to talk to him about something important."

"What was so important that you leave your daughter for two days."

"Gia isn't Ray's once I told him he got angry and went off on me."

"Crystal he didn't go off on you he beat the hell out of you!"

"Don't you think I know that!" crystal asked

"So are you going to the cops?"

Crystal shook her head.

"You know Ray is crazy besides he said he would kill me if I turned him in."

"He's just saying that to scare you but I think you should turn him in and find Gia's real dad do you know who the father is."

Crystal sat up

"When I was in New York I met this one guy but other than that I don't really know."

"Do you know his name?" Jade asked.

"All I know is he visit New York a lot."

"What about....

"I don't feel like talking about this now it's late and I'm tired Cyrstal said turning facing her back towards Jade.

"Well I'll talk to you later, Jade said as she walked out of the hospital room.

(Two weeks later)
The room was dark as Jade was awakened by shouting coming from outside her building. Thinking it was just her neighbors she decided to close her eyes and try to go back to sleep.

"Jade!"

She heard her name being shouted over and over it was coming from her balcony door.

Ugh, jade sighed as she slowly got out of bed to see who was calling her name over the booming music into the night.

Once she opened her balcony door she was sure to feel but annoyance was one of the things she felt.

"Jade!"

"What!" she shouted down at Nate who was standing in front of her building under the orange streetlights.

"What's up I haven't heard from you in awhile!" Nate shouted back.

He was slurring his words Jade knew he was drunk which explained a lot.

"We are not together how many times I have to tell you that!"

"Baby I want you back so I'm coming to you like a man."

"Psst your not coming to me like a man standing outside shouting." she crossed her arms.

"Well let me in so we can talk."

"No!" Jade yelled.

"Can't you see I love you, I want you back."

"You don't love me... If you did you wouldn't be fucking other girls."

"It was only one time... What you want me to do baby."

Next door to Jade an older lady opened her window.

"It's too early in the morning for all this shouting all doing some of us got to get up early and go to work!"

The lady looked at Nate.

"You take your butt on home and stop making all this noise."

Nate looked and Jade who was standing there with her arms crossed her eyes was saying much worse than what the lady next door said.

"Well I'm going to go, he said embarrassed as he jogged to his car.

"Yea takes that noise to the white neighborhoods the lady next door yelled.

"Hey, Jade hit me up when you get the chance, Nate told her as he got into his car and peeled off.

Jade shook her head as she walked back inside.

Still tired she laid down in her bed about to fall back asleep when her phone ringed.

"Well I'm already up anyway, she muttered as she reached over and picked up her phone.

"Hello, she yawned.

"Well, I see someone is still sleeping A voice chuckled.

"Jacob... Mr. Johnson."

"Yea.."

"Why are you calling me this late at night."

"Oh sorry about that I'm new york right now for some business and I've been thinking about you lately."

"Ok, Jade was starting to lose interest in the conversation.

"I'm just going to say it, Jade, I like you, I really want to see if there's more between us."

"What are you trying to say?"
Jade asked rubbing her eyes.

He did a nervous laugh.

"I come back into town tomorrow, so I wanted to ask if you would like to go out."

Jade was surprised.

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"Yea I am I only called because it's now or never, Mr. Johnson chuckled.

Jades face started to feel warm despite her fan blowing cold air in her direction.

"Well... I'm interested just let me know when your back in town." she bit her lip.

"I sure will Mr. Johnson said with a grin on his face as he was about to get out of his car.

"Can we talk later? It's really late here he heard Jade said on the other end.

"Yea I got to go anyway but I just wanted to call you and see, he told jade then the call ended.

After that, he placed his phone in his pocket and walked into a tall building.