Chapter 25

I ran

I ran. I ran towards help. Towards anyone who could help me. I ran through the leafless shrubbery feeling vulnerable. It started to rain. Impregnated rain drops darted towards me. My feet propelled me on, until I fell over a log. Then I realised how odd it was for the log to be where it was. Finally I observed my surroundings. I was on someone's camp site.  

At that moment, a very tall and dark man pushed the material at the entrance of the biggest tent aside and caught my eyes. His skin was sallow and his cheeks hollow. He tightened his leather bodice and walked towards me. I stood up immediately. 

"I need your - " I was cut off as I felt a blow to my head and I fell to the ground.

"Wake up!" The voice rang in my head.  "Wake up!" It got progressively louder. "Wake up!" It was my wolf.

I opened one of my eyes and then the other. I tried to adjust to the darkness. I was lying down on  a long bench but I could see some men at a large table. I quickly dashed across the room but then a manly voice ordered "Get her!" Four or five men came towards me and held me down. I was then put on my knees before the thin man I had seen in the woods. I despised this.

"At least let me stand up." I argued as I stubbornly kept on moving whilst they held me.

"No." The thin man said simply.

"I could kill all you men easily. I could easily get out of their hold, but I'm restraining myself. Let me stand up." The thin man signalled with his hands and the guards let go of me. They still surrounded me though.

"Who are you?" The thin yet brawny man asked.

"Who are you?" I copied.

"I don't have time for this. I'm Makarios the leader of the dragons." My eyes shot up. He was powerful. He could help me. Werewolves and dragons were allies, right?

"Who are you?" He repeated.

"I'm Katherine. I need help. The daste witches are back and King Xavier is dead." A deafening silence was followed by heart-felt laughing.

"What a story you have. The daste witches are gone and Xavier is immortal." He continued to laugh. As sudden and quick as it came, it left. "Take her away and kill her" He ordered.

"No! Stop! I need your help." I pleaded. "I- I can prove they are not gone." He signalled his men to stop.

"Proceed." I hated being ordered around.

I only pulled back my sleeve and showed them the mark.

He sauntered towards me and yanked my hand roughly towards him. He froze as he saw my mark. Then he ordered "kill her, she is apart of their sist-hood."

"You can't. I'm a hybrid: half werewolf and half daste. I'm also Xavier's mate and it's my fault he's dead. But they are here, the daste witches, and they are out of hiding. Now, they are going to bring the rest back. We must work together. As the supposed Queen of the Wolves, the Luna of all Luna, the Supreme Luna, I implore you to listen. We all need to help one another. This is not one creatures' problem. It's all of ours. So, call in the King and Queen of Vampires as well as other influential vampires and alphas. I want them all here tonight. I want influential dragons here too. I also want troops and the highest ranking generals and officers here tonight."