Chapter 12- No

R I L E Y

12| no

Monday. The dreaded Monday. Who the heck invented Mondays? I hate Mondays! Monday's should be banned! IN fact, I should make up a petition and get people to sign it! Ughhh....my head hurts-

"RILEY! Are you even listening to me?' Natalie yelled into my ear. I looked over at her drowsily.

"What?" I grumbled.

"The party at Jordan's house tonight! Everyone in our grade is going! We have to go too!" She squealed excitedly. I looked down at my yellow Converse as we walked down the hallway and looked back up at my best friend.

"No."

"Come on! It's FRICKING senior year! You haven't gone to a party since, what? Year 10? And that was for my kid sister's birthday party." Natalie rolled her eyes, readjusting her handbag.

"I said no. You know how I feel about parties, Natalie. Especially since...." my voice trailed off uncertainly.

"PWEAASSSEE???" Natalie gave me her best puppy eyes. Oh hell nah, I've read too many stories and seen too many chick flicks about girls getting peer pressured into a frat party. I am not taking the risk of me being murdered behind a bush and getting my body shipped off to cannibals or something. And I'm definitely not going anywhere ever since that kidnapping incident.

"Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no
My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
Nah to the ah to the, no, no,-" I began to sing teasingly.

"No! Arghh no! Make it stop!" Nat blocked her ears up with her fingers.

"My name is no
My sign is no
My number is no
You need to let it go
Need to let it go
Nah to the ah to the, no, no, no." I continued to sing, purposely making my voice horribly off-pitch.

"Ok, ok! Stop singing! Fine fine. I'll go by myself then. Geez, Meghan Trainor would be ashamed." Natalie burst out laughing. I grinned at her and we dropped the subject. I smiled a little knowing that today was the day to hand in our science assignment drafts so that we could get some feedback- wait...let me repeat what I just said. Today was the day to hand in our science assignment drafts so tha-

"OH SHIT!" I yelled, making Natalie jump in fright.

"What?"

"The science assignment! I didn't finish my draft!" I cursed. Natalie's eyes widened.

"Oh my god! I totally forgot about that!" she gasped. I looked down at my timetable.

"We have a free period, come on!" I yelled, as we dashed towards the library. We made it there in a record time of 2 minutes, and I must say; I was proud of that achievement. Steroids who? I only know about-to-fail-science!

"Crap crap crap! I haven't plotted my line graph! I'm doomed!" I groaned a pieces of paper flew out of my binder. Natalie peered over my shoulder as I started to draw like nobody's business.

"Uhm....Riley? I think you're data's all wrong...." she muttered slowly. I slowly looked away from my piece of grid paper.

And I started laughing hysterically.

"Hahahahaha! What is my life? Oh my god! I can't believe we're doing this the period before this draft is due." I chuckled, earning a glare from the librarian. Natalie looked at me questionably.

"Riley...are you feeling ok?" She felt my forehead.

"Hahahahaha! What?" The room seemed to spin around me as my body wracked with laughter.