Chapter 61.

Isaac Acosta

"Dante, no!" The words rung through my ears and I tried my hardest to distinguish reality from fiction. Was I really about to cheat on my wife with some whore I met at a night club?

Glancing down at the attractive woman beneath me, her red dress likely making my leather couch look like some sort of drunken crime scene, I gauged her features. She was truly a sight to see. Her wavy, brown hair differed from the silky, blonde of my Angel's. The way her thin, almost purple lips pressed against her teeth had almost made me vomit when it was in comparison to the suculant pink ones of the woman I had said my vows to. Her brown eyes held hunger, lust, desire. Nothing like the emerald green in the eyes of my queen. The queen that could have me on my knees in seconds. The only person I would ever bow to. And oh, how they held so much love. Love that made my heart turn to mush. This felt so much lesser than.

"What are you waiting for, Isaac?" The woman, who's name I didn't know, slurred as she grinded her hips into mine.

Her breath smelled of vodka, blowing my high. I felt nothing. Until suddenly, my chest ached. When rubbing the spot had not worked, my brows furrowed. Gripping the back of the couch in panic, I made myself stand. Nausea soon followed as I backed away, my steps slightly faltered. Then, on their own accord, they took me to my bedroom. Where I knew she would be.

The hallway seemed longer than it did before, but I managed, using the walls for support. I could see a blurred Dante standing in the doorway, his bear on the floor, frozen in his place.

My mind glazed over in confusion. I thought I had told him to go to his room. I walked as straightly as my body would allow.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked him, my voice sounded rough to my own ears. He didn't move. No response at all as though he hadn't heard me.

"Dante," I barked.

His tiny head quickly turned towards me and when I noticed his eyes had glazed over in unshed tears, I moved faster.

My heart thudded loudly in my chest and it felt like my head had grown a heartbeat, too. Fear worked it's way threw my viens and embedded itself into my abdomen. It wasn't fear for myself. But for her. My Angel.

When I finally reached the room, the first thing my eyes met was the portrait of the tigress hanging above our bed. The black comforter was sprawled every which way on the unmade bed but no where in sight was Angelina.

Then, I saw her.

She sat on the floor, unmoving, leaning against the side of the bed in her silk, white nightgown. I prayed she was only resting. Panicked, I used what ever balance I had to make my way to her, sinking to my knees by her side. Her eyes were left open and her gaze laid on Dante.

Turning her face towards me, I gave her a few gentle pats and called out her name. "Angel. You can get up now. Avanti, Angel. Get up." Her skin still had warmth to it but more pale and tired looking than before.

Reality had hit in high dosage as the pain in my chest became unbearable.

This wasn't real. How could it be?

I could hear the crack in my voice as I continued to say her name, but my heart had already shattered into a million pieces. Suddenly, our last everything flashed into my mind.