6. Anger

The next morning, I was up at the crack of dawn—of course, before Jayson. I knew the guy wouldn't wake up before me, even if he set an alarm. Which I'm pretty sure he hadn't. In fact, I was already dressed and wrapping up my sprained ankle when he sat up in a daze. I looked sideways at him as I slid my right foot into my black work shoes.

"Thanks for waking me, Jay."

He grumbled, then flopped back over.

Oh no, not gonna happen, buddy.

I grabbed his comforter and yanked, pulling the thing completely off of him.

"Up. He's at the facility because of you, so you're coming with me every single morning."

Jay grabbed his pillow and pulled it over his head, grumbling.

"That's not going to work."

He didn't answer so I grinned and sat on his back, making the guy grunt.

"Nnn, get off, man. Yer heavyyyy."

"You gonna get up?"

"I'll meet you there in an hour."

"Nope."

"Thirty minutes."

"Nope."

"Dammit, Parker."

A smirk formed on my lips, but it was soon wiped away as I was flipped backward and abruptly covered by the heavy comforter, then Jayson... err.

"D-Don't sit on me."

Especially not there.

He was straddling my waist and doing things to me that shouldn't be happening. Not that he was doing it on purpose. It was all me, but still, it was happening.

"J-Jay, get off."

"Nope, you are just gonna have to dea—is something poking me?"

Ah!

"M-Morning wood. God! Get off."

He snickered but thankfully moved, sliding out of bed to head toward the shower. I stayed beneath the blanket until I heard the shower going, then quickly got myself up and into the kitchen. Since he'd gotten off quickly, I didn't have to wait long for my body to relax back to normal, allowing me to focus on making breakfast instead of becoming breakfast... darn gutter mind.

By the time Jay was finally dressed and in the kitchen, I was just loading up plates with eggs and toasted bagels. I heard the fridge door open and smirked as I took a big bite of my bagel—the only one that happened to have cream cheese on it.

"Are we out of cream cheese?" He straightened and let the door close, then eyed me—and more importantly, the cream cheese mustache I now wore.

"Really, Park? You couldn't spread it thin or something?"

I raised a brow and shrugged.

"I 'ought it."

Okay, that didn't sound too great, but I was hungry and thus, took another bite as I spoke.

"Tch, of course you bought it. I gave you money to get stuff since I had to sleep during the day."

He had a point, but as I took another bite, my whole cocky demeanor went poof. Why? Because he'd just walked right over and eaten a large chunk of my bagel while I was still mid-bite. I immediately let go of the food and backed away, stuttering gibberish as he began to chew, catching the rest of the toasted deliciousness in his hand so it didn't fall to the floor.