Chapter 18: I'm damaged and ugly.

Everything was so bright and I could hear mumbling in the distance. It hurt to open my eyes and I had to force them to stay open. I was afraid and alone in a hospital room. There was a drip pumping antibiotics into my system. I felt so weak and drained. The room door opened slowly and Blake walked in. I closed my eyes quickly before he looked at me. I could hear him pacing. Eventually he came over to the bed and sat on a black leather chair next to it. He took my hand in his and brought it up to his lips. My face was so sore and when I opened my eyes I saw sadness in Blake's. "Hi, beautiful," he whispered. I tried to smile but I didn't have the energy to so I lightly squeezed his hand. "Connor?" I questioned. I was so disoriented but Blake understood. "He's spending the night in jail. Your father got a restraining order against him so you don't need to worry. He'll never come near you again." My parents knew. Blake looked away. "I'm sorry." He spoke so softly I almost didn't hear him. I looked at him confused. "I'm sorry I didn't react as soon as I got there. I'm sorry I wasn't there early." I shook my head the best I could and felt hot tears roll down my cheek. Blake got up and kissed me. "You lost quiet a lot of blood and your cuts were deep so their putting pain meds in your drip. You should regain some energy in a few hours." I worried about what scars I would have on my face and if Blake would mind them. He wasn't shallow so I'm sure he wouldn't off. I felt myself drift of to sleep.

Everything was silent. I felt sticky and itchy so I got up to go to the private bathroom that was a part of the room. Blake was sleeping on the chair and next to him was a small cupboard. I quietly took out a bag that he had packed and went into the bathroom.  It was a descent size and everything was white. I used the toilet, brushed my teeth and studied my face. There was small purple cuts across my forehead draping down my left cheek and the surrounding areas were red. I looked even more ugly. Tears showered down my cheeks and I  lifted up my left hand to wipe it away and saw the drip. It was disconnected but the part that was in me stayed on. I balled my hand into a fist and felt a slight pull. Why did Connor had to come and fuck things up? I was happy. I was so fucking happy! I went through my bag to find Blake had packed outfits and underwear for me. I took out a pyjamas to change into and a towel to dry myself. I stepped into the shower and washed myself off then dried up and changed. When I went back out to the room Blake was awake. "Hey," he spoke. I looked away. " Hi."  I didn't want him to look at me. "What's wrong?" He questioned. "Nothing," I lied. Everything, I answered internally. "Alexia," he said firmly. "Tell me." Tears flowed down covering my cheeks like a wet burdening blanket. "You don't deserve me. I'm damaged and ugly." He rolled his eyes, got up  and walked to me. "Lexi, look at me." He gently held my chin and turned my head to face him. "You're beautiful. I love you." He kissed me and I kissed him back because he made it sound so believable. There was still a lot of doubt within me.

I was sitting on the bed and Blake was asleep on the chair. I started reading on my phone because I was suddenly energized. The drip had knocked me out last night and given my body some time to rest. Blake shifted in the chair whilst he was stuck in his drowsiness my parents walked in. "Hi baby girl," my dad came and engulfed me in a hug. I felt tears fall across my face. Only now did I realise that I haven't seen him in months. "Daddy." I pulled him closer and hugged him tighter. After a while he let go and greeted Blake with a pleasant hand shake. "Dad this is Blake. Blake this is my dad." Angela stood next to Blake rubbing his shoulder in that motherly way. Blake smiled at me and excused himself to freshen up. "We want you to come home for the holiday?" Angela spoke. "I can't," I mummbled. I didn't want to leave Blake. Sensing my distress my father added, "You can invite Blake. It will just be for the holidays." I stayed quiet and Blake walked in. "That would be great," he stated and smiled at me. I smiled back and replied, "Okay." Angela almost screamed in excitement and ran over to hug me. "Everything will be alright," She had whispered and rubbed my back. "Okay so the doctor said you can be released today and then we can plan everything," Blake informed me. I nodded and parents left to go sort out some paper work. Luckily I had already washed up and I was beyond ready to leave. I strongly hated hospitals. It made me feel drained even though I felt it was suppose to do the opposite and rejuvenate people.
"Are you sure you want to go," I asked Blake. "Lexi, I'd go anywhere with you." He walked over and I kissed him. "I love you Blake Anderson." He kissed me deeper and I let his tongue invade my mouth. He parted away and I frowned in disappointment. "I love you too Alexia Cooper."

*  *  *  *  *

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say thank you so much for support TBBG. I really do appreciate it. This chapter is dedicated to a few people who really encouraged me.

Thank you all so much.

Please remember to vote, comment and recommend.

♡