4

A/N: Aye y'all hyped me up so much I wrote another chapter. I pray this book continues to flow right. Get ready, y'all get to finally meet Bre!

Devonte

I didn't expect Yazmine to turn me down last night, but that's life. I ended up just going back to the crib, even though Bre was blowing up my phone.

Being at the apartment meant I had to listen to Trey and Amari all damn night. Even my Beats headphones ain't help. I barely got any damn sleep.

Which is why when I got up, I was in a bad mood. My bad mood wasn't helped when I saw Amari in one of Trey's t-shirts in the kitchen. She looked well rested and freshly showered.

"Good morning," she chirped.

I ain't say nothing. Until I noticed she was eating a bowl of my Capn Crunch. "Yo is that my cereal?" I made a beeline for the box and picked it up. It was empty. "Damn, how you gonna eat my cereal up like that!"

"I'm s-sorry." She immediately put the bowl down. "T-Trey s-s-said I could have some."

"Well you may as well eat it now." I stormed out the kitchen mad for no reason.

"Trey!" I yelled. "Get yo ass up!" Going in his room, I grabbed him by the foot and dragged his tall ass out of the bed and onto the floor. Once his body hit the floor he was wide awake.

"Nigga what the fuck!" Trey jumped up, in a fight stance. But I just walked back out the room, feeling accomplished now that he was mad too.

Back in my room, I showered and dressed for the day. I needed to see Bre, and I prayed Monique was not at her house.
Now in a pair of grey sweatpants and a plain black tee, I finally checked my phone. Bre called like ten times.

I dialed her and she answered almost immediately.

"Tae."

"Bre. My bad on not coming over last night but you know how I feel about Monique."

"I guess Tae but still you could have called."

I was silent. She knew I wasn't much of a caller. Only reason I was calling her now was because I ignored her all last night.

"Are you gonna come over today? Monique ain't gonna be here, you know she living on campus now. She been moved out."

I hadn't known, but I was relieved. "I'm a come by, after work."

After I hung up I grabbed Trey's keys. I didn't have a car, but since Trey was probably gonna sleep all day, he wouldn't be needing his.

Since freshman year, I worked at the campus bookstore. Because school didn't start until Monday, I hadn't started work yet but my first shift was today. I had to be at the store at eight am. Normally, I would walk, but I was mad at Trey so I took his car.

Besides, it was a quarter to eight. I made it to the store with five minutes to spare and opened up, then made my way behind the register.

At eight on the dot, Vivian, my co-worker came sauntering in. Viv was tall, thin, and light skin, with the most startling blue eyes. She was cute as fuck, but she had a boyfriend back home.

"Hey Tae! Welcome back! You ready for this semester? You playing football this semester?" Viv fired question after question to me without even breathing. And without waiting for an answer. She gave me a hug and started checking her register area.

"Hey Viv." That's all I got out as she started going on and on about all the drama in her life. I tuned her out. All Viv needed was me to say "Oh word?"
at the proper times and she felt good and like I was listening. Viv was cool and all but like too many girls I knew she talked too much.