Twenty One

-Valentina-

I yawned, turning over to see my love who was snoring loudly. Lovely. I slapped him awake and he jolted, opening his eyes and giving me a strange look. "Ow!"

I rolled my eyes, giving him a smile, "good morning." He huffed, turning over and attempting to snooze again but I shook him awake. He groaned, turning towards me and giving me an annoyed look, "yes, my dear?"

"Have you thought about it?" I asked, playing with my hands and not meeting his eyes. He sighed, pulling me to his chest and stroking my hair, kissing my forehead. "You said you would sleep on it. ." I cautiously said and he nodded, sighing again.

"I don't know. .Vincenzo won't be happy. ."

"I know, I know," I replied quietly whilst playing with his nipple. "It's just. .I-I can't live like this anymore, neither can the kids."

"I can't just go up to my ruthless brother and go '0h, hey, bro! Mind I leave the mafia?' He'd kill me. It's part of our blood." I nodded, feeling guilty.

I wanted to leave the mafia, go start a new life - a safe life for me and my family. We couldn't stay anymore. Whilst Alex was at school, a man came and tried to 'pick him up' when really he was going to kidnap him. If I hadn't came on time, my sweet little boy would be lost. I couldn't live like that anymore.

I understood that the mafia was part of Dante. His family had been there for generations and generations - the first and only Italian Mafia. But I had feelings too. My kids couldn't live like that. They couldn't be dragged into that mess.

"Val, I love you," he kissed my head again. "I'll try . . I just need more time." I tried my hardest not to snap at him. Two months I had been waiting for an answer!

"Okay," I replied, kissing his bare chest. He flipped us over so I was under him and kissed my cheek. "I will get an answer to you soon," he said, genuinely. I nodded, "I love you."

"I love you too."

I cried out in pleasure as I felt him enter me, about to move again when we heard the sound of a baby crying from the monitor.

"Fućk."

-Mia-

I had cried myself to sleep for a couple of days. Ever since that argument with Vincenzo, I had felt the feelings I had when we broke up coming back to me and it was horrible. A sharp pain in my chest, it felt as though my heart was literally breaking.

It was awful and I couldn't get him out my head. It was painful whenever I saw him going into his bedroom with women or seeing them leave his office, their faces flushed. I hated it so much.

I told myself to be confident and ignore them but it was hard and I couldn't do that. I couldn't stand strong when I saw him with other women. It hurt too much.

Bianca was in jail. The mafia had underground jails and Bianca was in one of those cells. I had no idea what they were doing to her but I was guessing that it wasn't pleasant.

My eyes were hurting from the amount of this I rubbed them after crying. I took a shower, gently rubbing some warm water over my sore eyelids. I dried myself and wrapped a towel around me. I went into my room and got changed, hair drying my hair and putting it into a loose ponytail.