Chapter 5

John

A yawn sounded from Paul, which he hastily tried to stifle by rolling away from the ghost next to him. "Aye go to bed princes, birds like you need their beauty sleep luv." John winked, not really wanting him to leave but still feeling the urge for a sarcastic comment. Paul rolled his eyes, but, much to John's dismay, rose to his feet anyway. Out of instinct, the ghost appeared next to Paul, not bothering to get up manually. John realised his mistake when he met the boy's wide eyes, silently cursing himself.

"Don't do that," Paul shivered, he seemed to like John, ghosts too, but the poor boy was still very freaked out, the reality of it all obviously hitting him.

John's sarcastic demeanour left when he saw Paul's rather shaken expression, "hey, shhh I'm sorry little human," John longed to hug him, comfort him, but he felt so useless. "I didn't mean to scare you, I promise I won't do that again." He didn't know why but he felt protective over the boy, who was shaking but replied with a nod. What's your full name Paulie?" John wanted to use it, he wanted to feel closer to this curious human.

"J J James Paul McCartney," he managed, calming down considerably. "I'll call you Macca then, darling." Paul managed a smile at this, "i like it Johnny," the ghost's heart fluttered, he has such a beautiful smile, John thought to himself, lost in it. He was left staring at that spot, in his own little world, even after Paul had left. Even after the sun started to rise.

Finally, the ghost brought himself to move, floating into the shadows with thoughts of doe eyed boys and human touch.