chapter seventy three - honorifics

"I'm sorry for her wreckless behavior. She has been this way ever since she was announced as my fiance, and I'm sorry Luisa, we no longer can be together. Although, I will always love you by heart."

Then, unexpectedly, the unnoticed and unexpectedly quiet one, Lisi, shouted at Februus, "How about mom?! I thought you loved mom!"

To my surprise, Februus seemed flabbergasted as he was confused on what Lisi was talking about. Although I did. Ara-san.

Speaking your language again? Japanese?

Japanese is different than English Victoria-san. If I was formal, I would start with 'san', but if I knew you a bit better, and if I had your permission, I would call you Victoria-chan, although, I think it's enough for me to call you Miss Victoria.

I want you to call me Ria-chan from now on. It's like a great name! The combination between Ria and 'chan'! I want to feel young again!

Why? Is it because Luisa used to call you this?

How did you know?! Luisa used to call me Icha-chan! The ic+a part of Victoria, but add h in between. So, Icha-chan is what she called me. Sadly, it changed from Icha-chan to Ria. She took out the honorific.

Ok, Ria. Can I just call you Ria? Ria-chan is to formal, and long.

What?! My name Victoria is longer and you even added Lady! That is 6 syllables! Ria-chan is 3 syllables!

But, Ria is 2 syllables. Can I call you Ria?

....

Fine!!

Thanks Ria!

"How about, we have a feast before we stamp the 'Oath Paper'?" Februus declared confidently, giving Luisa a smile. Luisa lightly nodded.

What? I'm pretty sure that this is for Luisa. Who else would this be for? But, how about us? And, why didn't he respond to Lisi Ana?

"Also, please leave, child." He told Lisi. What? Ugh, What's this? Does he understand now?

"Why?" Lisi Ana said suspiciously. Februus shrugged as he called his guards and took Lisi away. Why?! Shoot! Umm...

"Februus, why are you taking her away??" I asked. He shrugged again. Oh my goodness, he doesn't look like what I heard him to be.

Then, he started to welcome Luisa. Oh, curse him. CURSE HIM! UGHHH!

Child, you want to curse him?

FIROI!! CURSE HIM! This annoying jerk!

Child, what's wrong?

"FEBRUUS, WHY DID YOU TAKE LISI AWAY?!" I asked Februus in an angry way. He's getting away. Oh my gosh.

UGHHH!!

"Make her wear a dress." Februus told the guards as he pointed at me and hugged Luisa. What the pancakes, Luisa?!

Luisa looked at me, then, she looked the other way, forcing a smile at Jirou, more like Jerko.

She told him something I couldn't hear, but then, they both left. I could see Jirou's bright red face shining brightly as the door closed.

UGHHH!! What is this stupid random nonsense that really bothers me?! And what about that 'Oath Paper'??

"Now child, tell me more about honorifics.." Ria told me. What?! Now?

She nodded.

Fine!

END OF CHAPTER