Chapter Three

I'm sat on the couch frighted while watching mum pace back and forth in front of me, processing all the information that has happened this past week. Knowing that this week that I have lost my job and ended up at the doctors would've made her feel very stressed.

I turn my focus to the television with hope that I will actually be able to watch something soon, maybe Friends, Will & Grace or a Disney movie. But which one will I actually watch?

'Bianca Joan Maxwell, I'm very disappointed in you,' Mum said sternly as I look into her eyes.'You've quit your job which doesn't help anything, and you ended up at the doctors because of some stupid twit! What am I supposed to do with you and all of this?'

'Let me solve crap out maybe?' I roll my eyes.

She stands very still, pointing at me. 'I gave you a chance and you blew it,' Mum snaps. 'It would be expected if you ruin the next job and the job after that. It's probably going to happen.'

Where's the faith?

'Why don't you have any faith in me,' I snap back at her. 'Do you really think I lack so much responsibility that I won't be able to make a living or have a stable job?'

She puts her hand up to silence me. 'I'll need some time to think about this,' She says calmly while looking into my eyes. 'You got yourself into a very big mess Bianca, one that would need time to figure out for good.' She sighs before exiting the room, shaking her head.

Anger fumes inside of me, who does she think she is? It's not like I don't care about what's going on in my life or anything irresponsible. Okay, maybe I can be a bit irresponsible sometimes, but I definitely gave a damn about everything that has been happening lately.

I get off the couch and walk to my bedroom. 'Why don't you give me a chance at being responsible!' I shout as I walk past the room she was in. My bedroom had plain black walls with a queen size bed smack bang in the middle with a sky blue doona cover and pillows. It was my favourite place in the house, my own comfortable space where I can just relax.

Soon I feel my iPhone vibrate in my pocket and took it out. What I was expecting was for there to be a call, even though I have barely any friends. Instead it was a notification that Toby has sent me a friend request on Facebook and it makes me smile. Even though he managed to give me a bump to the head, he seems like a interesting and nice person to be hanging with.

Once I add him, he sends me a message.

TOBY: Hey Bianca, how's your head?

I smile when I see his message. He seems so caring too.

BIANCA: Hey Toby, my head is fine. It's still a bit sore but not as it was. 😄

I then go out of the Messenger app and turn my iPhone off before walking out of my room again. I nestled into the couch again and turn on the television to watch a movie. Thankfully, the movie Mary Poppins was still in the drive and I click on a different remote to play it.

I've liked this film ever since I was a little girl with all the music and magical adventures that Mary, Bert and the Banks children go on. Maybe I will find my own magical adventures with Toby and maybe we will have just as much fun.