33

"Ms. Brown or do you go by Mrs. Reynolds?"

"Ms. Brown will be fine," I answered. 

"Hoping you would say that. I did you a huge favor," I rolled my eyes. He really didn't do me any favor since he needed me. I wanted him, I could survive without him, but I didn't think he would without me. "Anyways," he said continuing his speech. "Your two weeks grace period is over," he said.

"So, did I pass?" I asked him. That's all I wanted to know. He moved his head looking down at his desk, I couldn't read his expression, would I be moving on or not?  "Mr. Collingswood," I called Jack, the C in C&J corporations. 

He looked at me still not answering my question. "Tell the girl the truth already," Edward said in his British accent that drove the girls wild. He looked over at his partner wanting to hold the suspense, he passed his hands through his ginger hair letting out a sigh. "Yes you did, Ms. Brown," Edward said rolling his eyes at his partner. 

"Really?" I asked, I got my old job which I loved dearly back. Jack and Edward were old friends of mine but they wouldn't just give me my job back since I quit and went to work for their enemy. "Thank you so much, Edward," I said coming near him giving him a hug. He scratched his throat, "um..." I pulled away. "Mr. James," I corrected myself knowing how much he hates me calling him his first name. 

"You're welcome," Edward answered.

"Just please don't quit again for your stupid husband or ex-husband, whatever it is," Jack said. 

"I won't," I replied. 

"You can officially start tomorrow," Edward said. I mouthed him a thank you and made my way out of the office. The moment I stepped into the elevator, my phone rung. 

"Hi," I said entering the phone when I noticed it was Alexis. 

"Did you get it?" She asked.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. 

"Yay!" She yelled over the phone making me take it off my ear for a moment. "I'm in the lobby," she said. "Hurry up," I hung up the phone. The elevator reached the lobby and I got out spotting Alexis almost immediately. How could I not? She was in high heels which made her taller than anyone else in the lobby. Her long golden hair was flowing down her back, she was wearing a coat too fancy for normal people, and some ripped jeans. "Hello," she said giving me a hug when I reached her. 

"You look really nice today," I complimented her. "Any chance Frederick will be showing up at your job today?" I asked. Frederick was technically her boss, he was one of the managers that came by once in a while to make sure everything was running smoothly. I've seen him once, the guy is a god. There was only one problem, I've never met anyone so ignorant, arrogant, self-righteous, and rude. I've only figured all that out from meeting him once.

If he had never opened his mouth or looked over at us, you would have thought he was God himself. He resembles Patrick Dempsey during his twenties. "He already showed up," Alexis replied. I chuckled and shook my head. We made our way outside the building. We were having lunch together at a small cafe near the building. The cold air hit me making me put my hands in my pocket. Christmas decorations were everywhere, I chuckled as I noticed a Santa singing to a young girl. 

"Did you at least talk to him?" I asked her.

"Kind of," she answered. 

"What does kind of mean?" I asked her. 

"I told him about something I think we should improve to make the workplace more efficient and he said he would take it into consideration," she said shrugging her shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal. "Then we agreed to discuss it over dinner tomorrow night."