My Happiness is Back!

Khushi POV
I clutched my head to stop the spinning. After a few seconds I felt the dizziness disappear. And its then that I noticed where I was. I was sitting near the DMs temple steps. The same temple where I went for my daily visits. Where I got engaged and married to my one and only Arnavji.

I smiled for the first time after so long. I laughed.. I cried. I was on cloud nine. Thamk you DM. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be with my love my Arnavji.
I should go to Shantivan as soon as possible. This is it. I thought. And then I hunted for an auto rickshaw. But when the driver asked me for a destination...I kept mum for a second. Should I really go to Shantivan. It seems like evening prayers has just been completed. So its close to 6.30pm. He must be in office.

If I know my Arnavji he has completely immersed himself in office work just to get away from all the pain and hurt.I am coming Arnavji.I am coming. With these thoughts in my mind I asked the driver to take me to AR Designs.

All the way I kept smiling like a fool. The auto driver was giving me looks. I would look like a crazy woman for sure. I already knew it. No need to point it out to me.
How will Arnavji react? Will he laugh with joy? Or will he cry in shock? What will I say when he asks me how come I am alive? I will have to give him a logical answer.

Soon after a long ride of 20 minutes I reached my destination. I was about to rush inside when the driver stopped me.
"Madamji money..." He stated.
Uh oh. I have no money.

I barely escaped death. You expect me to carry money?

I was about to explain my issue to him when I saw Shuklaji coming out of the office. Oh wow. Thanks Devi Maiyya.
"Shuklaji...Shuklaji...I need your help.." i shouted outloud.

He looked at me and then after a nano second horrified expressions accompanied his face.
Oops I am dead in this world.
"Shuklaji please give this autodriver some money. And dont look so terrified. I am alive. I did not die. I need to hurry and meet Arnavji. Dont forget his money okay."

I dashed inside the office without looking back. No one was inside. Who will work so late apart from my Arnavji... no more. This will not happen anymore. From now on things will be different. I am sure.
I quickly took the steps two at a time. And then stopped at the door of his cabin.

Arnavji was not sitting on his usual seat. Rather he sat on my chair. Yes the same chair where I used to sit at times while visiting his office for my Dabba service. Those days were filled with so many funny arguements. And now I am back. To tease him. To love him. My husband. My Arnavji.

His eyes were shut and his head rested against the chair. But he was not at ease. Deep dark circles surrounded his eyes. He looked pale. Very pale. As if someone sucked the life out of him. Like a body with no soul. Tears formed in my eyes after seeing him in such a state. Bit he was here. I mean really here. Not like the last time I saw him. All bloody and on a stretcher. No dont even think about it. Khushi. Just dont.

And then I could no longer control myself.
"Arnavji..." I called out softly.

Instantly his eyes opened. He looked towards me. And for a long while we uttered nothing. He kept looking at me like a starved person looking for a drop of water in a dry desert. Finally af if he woke up from a trance...he stood up from his seat and walked slowly towards me. As if trying not to scare me. Fear visible in his body language. I wont disappear Arnavji. I thought.