Chapter 17 - Tricked

[Alex Aiono: Does it feel like falling?]

Thea

I play with my phone while Gabriel, Gabriella, and Alexa are just watching some random show on TV. It's so fun to stay here like this, but I have to go back to reality the day after tomorrow. I asked Mr. Gerald this morning for another extra day for me to stay here, and he approved it. So I am so happy that at least I don't have to go home tomorrow.

"Alexa, it's late. I think both of them must be tired and sleepy. It's near midnight." I said to her: I look at Gabriel and Gabriella; they are just looking at the television. I know they must be tired.

"Can you help me carry Gabriel upstairs?" I nod and carry him. "I think I'm not going to go to work tomorrow because tomorrow I want to hang out with you. How about that?"

"That's a very good idea!"

"Shhhh... " I cover my mouth with my hands and giggle. Alexa just shakes her head, and then we make our way to our rooms.

I close the door after I get into the room and put my phone on the bed before going into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face. A moment later, I walk out of it and just relax on the bed while playing my favourite game. You all already know what it is.

I'm so focused until someone breaks it by calling me. What. The. Actual. F. It's Mr. Gerald who's calling me. Why will he always be the one who interrupts my game? I sigh and press the answer.

"Hello, Mr. Gerald. Can I help you?" I ask him.

"Thea I'm so sorry to call you this late, but about your leave, I need to take it back."

"What? B-but why?" No!!!!

"You need to be in the office because there's an important meeting at the office." He said it, and I sighed.

"What important meeting? You know if I fly there tomorrow morning, I won't be able to make it." I answer.

"You'll make it if you take the early flight. Don't worry, Thea, the company already bought you the ticket, and your flight will depart at 7 in the morning."

"Bu-"

"Ms. Morris, when I said this meeting is important, it's important." Mr. Gerald spoke in a professional voice.

"Fine. Thanks for letting me know." I end the call and sigh. I get up from my comfortable position and start to put my clothes into the luggage with a heavy heart. After a few minutes, I decided to go to sleep because I have an early flight in a few hours.

"Oh my god! Dad, watch out!" I screamed, and my dad tried not to hit that car. Our car also lost control because of the slippery road. "No! No! Mom dad!" I screamed, and then it was all black.

I spring up from my sleep and look around. I take a deep breath and hold my necklace. Then, I heard a loud storm that made me jump and hug my knee to my chest. "Stop," I said in a very slow voice. I cry. Every time I have this dream, I end up crying no matter what. Right now, I'm really scared. I'm scared of rain, storms, thunder, and everything about them.

I hugged my knee and put my face there. I am so scared now, but I don't want to disturb Alexa. It's already late. So, with my body shivering, I slowly lay back and tried to sleep.

******

The Next Morning

The alarm on my phone wakes me up, and I feel so tired and sleepy. I also have a slight headache. I take a short shower and wear my baby blue jeans and white tee, then a cream cardigan. I took my converse before leaving my room. I stop and go to Alexa's room and open it.