Alpha

"Well, I have to say, you have a pretty good voice." A deep male voice said behind her. Diane turned around and saw a dark haired guy leaning on a tree. She wasn't expecting that there would be other people, beside her and Judd, in the forest. She felt that she was still staring at him and her face turned red. A gentle smile curled on his lips as he said: "Oh, I'm sorry, I should introduce myself. My name is Sam and I'm the leader of the wolf pack of this forest. Just call me Alpha." He ended with a slight bow. "Umm...Well...Hello, I'm Diane" she stammered. "Hello Diane, nice to meet you," He replied. Diane felt uncomfortable. What should she say now?? Sam was just looking at her, scanning her face and whole body. It was an intense look and Diane felt her face turning red again. And again he smiled, "You're not a wolf right?? No you look too chubby to be one of us." Diane felt hurt, "Hey! I'm not fat!" Sam looked very embarrassed, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. For a human you look surely alright but for a wolf your legs and belly..." Diane felt insulted as he started to explain, "Alright! I'm chubby and I'm totally okay with it!" He shrugged back, surprised by her harsh words. She looked down on her feet: "I'm sorry." She murmured. "It's alright, come a bit closer Diane." He said. The uncomfortable feeling returned. She took five steps towards him. Now she could scan him. He was tall with a lot of muscles (definitely not chubby). His hair was dark brown (nearly black) and his eyes were the colour of sand, a wonderful, intense yellow. He also had a tattoo on his arm. It looked like a Celtic symbol.
And... a tail and fluffy ears.
He grinned as he followed her gaze. "What tail and ears??" He asked innocently. They disappeared. "I could swear that you had a tail and ears 20 seconds earlier." Now he laughed, "You're right. Look." And a tail and fluffy ears appeared all of a sudden. Diane stammered, "B-But how??" He shrugged and smiled but suddenly he turned serious. "I'm here because of someone. His name is Vinnie." Diane stated. Sam raised an eyebrow, "What do you want from him??" Diane tried to explain, "Our boss sent us to bring him back because he's a main man of our company." Sam's eyes went cold and changed their colour to a light blue, nearly white. With a threatening voice he said, "And what would you do, if he doesn't come with you??" Scared by his numb voice, Diane whispered, "I-I don't know." He was silent for a minute, then he said, "Let's go! I'll take you with me." Diane was surprised, "Where are we going?? Will you bring me back to Judd??" He only replied with, "No, now come on." She remained standing like she was made out of stone. "Diane!" His voice sounded annoyed. "But Sam, where are we going??" She asked scared. He turned around to her, his white eyes glowed demonically as he barked, "For you Alpha!! Now stop being scared, I can't stand the smell of it. Come on Diane, I won't hurt you."
As she still wasn't moving, he grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her in the opposite direction she came from. Diane was scared but she said nothing. Her thoughts were racing. Should she call for Judd?? Her heart pounded heavily against her chest as she prepared herself to scream. She opened her mouth but no sound came out. "If you scream, I'll tear you into pieces." Alpha whispered. Diane didn't doubt one second that he meant what he said. He still held her wrist and pulled her through the forest. For Diane it felt like an eternity.
She looked up at the sky and saw a soft shade of blue. The sun started to lick the fog away. For a moment she didn't pay any attention to the path they were following, and she stumbled. Her ankle twisted painfully as she fell. Just a second before she was going to land on the floor, she felt a strong warm hand wrap around her waist. "You should be more careful." She heard Alpha say. "Thank you," She murmured without looking him in the eyes. Carefully she placed her foot on the ground and felt an infernal pain in her ankle. She shrugged because of the pain. "You hurt your ankle. Let me see." He knelt beside her and carefully touched her ankle. "Owww don't touch it." She groaned with pain in her voice. As he continued a tear fell from her eye. And another and another until she was crying heavily. He stood up and made a shocked face as he saw her crying. He came closer, put his arms around her and swiped away her tears. He softly whispered in her ear, "Hey Diane, don't cry. It's alright." Out of his chest he made some wolf sounds like mothers do to calm their babies, until she stopped crying and removed herself from his arms. "Are you okay??" He asked. Diane nodded and replied, "But I can't walk anymore." Alphas soft, now yellow eyes lay on her face. "Don't worry." He said and picked her up bridal style. Diane laid her head against his chest; she heard his heartbeat, strong and calm. "Alpha?? Can I ask you something??" Diane murmured tiredly. "Sure" He replied. "Why can your eyes change the colour??" She asked. He only replied with, "I'll explain it... when you're ready to understand." "Okay," Diane murmured and then fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
On the beginning of the page, you can see a celtic symbol. It's the tatoo on Alpha's arm.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Authors note:
I haven't been here for a while, shame on me but work's taking so much time and nerves.. hope you'll understand😅 I'm seriously sorry🙈
Anyway... a big thanks to my beta reader Jasmine and all the lovely ppl out there who give me the ideas I need💕
Peace out, P✌🏻