Innocence

The sun was setting on horizon, creating a magnificent hue of yellow and orange in the cloudy sky. A left hand; pale and small held an emerald stone up just above the head, making it glint as the setting sun's light streamed through it and producing beautiful rainbow colors. Wind then joined the stillness of late afternoon as the grass swayed to left, lulling the kid who sat at the hillside with his legs spread and his right hand pushed against the ground behind him to support his weight as he was leaning back while the other fingered the emerald stone. His eyes, the purest silver, lingered on the stone in hand with curiosity and let a sigh escaped his soft young lips as he tucked the stone in his pocket when the wind blew. His left arm then moved a little to the back and pushed the ground to fully support his weight as he leaned back. With a small smile, the kid closed his eyes and held his head upward; allowing the gentle wind to ruffled his short brown hair.

The kid savoured the moment of silence, listening to the whistling sound the wind made before falling on his back with a light thud and arms spread wide. The smile did not leave his young face when he reopened his eyes. Two big and round silver orbs, so innocent and lively, stared up at the clouds painted in yellow and orange calmly. He inhaled a lungful of air; the sweet smell of freshly trimmed grass filled his nose, and exhaled ever so slowly.

The kid was content of how the world revolved.

He wished that these tranquil and safe feeling would remain forever...

"Young Master!" someone called; a female.

The boy knew it was their maid, the one who watched after him whenever his parents were away. But, this time his parents will never come back.

Mom... Dad... How are you up there?

"Young Master?" inquired the maid while looking for the boy.

Unfortunately for the maid, the boy decided not to move or make any noise. He just wanted to stay still and if the impossible could be possible, he wanted to be swift by the wind away and carry him wherever the mindless wind deemed to.

The wind blew again and the kid could still hear the maid calling for him, but paid no heed as his small smile widened whilst drowning all the noise to the deepest depth of his mind and letting his soul drifted away and joined the wind.

"There you are."

Ah. She found me.

The kid would have moved and faced the maid by that minute, but it seemed his body was too absorbed at what he was doing a second ago. He wanted to move, but his body betrayed him.

Standing behind was the maid in her beige dress and white apron with her hair tied in braid. She scowled at her little charge's stubbornness and put her hands on her hips, complaining, "Young Master, I've been calling you all this time! Why didn't you answer?"

The kid chuckled a little. He could feel the maid's scowl.

"Sorry Belle. I was preoccupied with things."

The maid, Belle, softened her face as she smiled sadly at the boy lying before her. She then walked gracefully closer to her charge and sat to his right side. She looked down at the boy who had his eyes closed and lips curved a little upward.

While he had Lord Walker's hair and eye color, his eyes and face...so serene and soft are just like his mom's... Belle noted as she stroked the kid's hair.

"What are you doing, Belle?" asked the boy with his eyes still closed.

"... Nothing. I just want to feel how soft your hair is."

The boy hummed in response. He remembered when he lied on his mom's lap she would do the same thing like Belle while humming a lullaby to make him sleep.