Red Arrow

Phantom skipped next to batman still holding his large hand and saw the team training with black canary and Roy was there as well with a scowl.

"I uh.. Who's that?" Danny stopped skipping and looked at canary and red arrows nervously.

"That's black canary and red arrow," batman said and everyone turned to see the two.

"Hey phantom!" Wally waved.

Danny kept his eyes on the new people and his grip on batmans gloved hand tightened by a lot.

Batman sighed and picked up Danny and he curled into the armored chest as he walked towards the team.

"No no no, no more people," Danny muttered in batmans shoulder hanging on tight.

"Who's the kid?" Roy asked.

"This is Phantom," batman said to Roy sharply.

"The child you rescued, it's nice to meet you phantom," Canary said gently and smiled at Danny who peeked at her.

"H-h-hi," Danny stuttered out and felt a small panic attack rise in his chest and the dark knight rubbed his back trying to calm down.

"Dude, lighten up, he's a kid," Wally told Roy.

"Why? He looks eight, what makes him special?" Roy asked.

Danny heard and made his breathing go faster and tears weld up in his eyes.

"Batman," Artemis stepped up surprising him, Roy, and canary.

She took Danny from his arms and Danny started to cry a little from the panic attack.

"Just breathe," she whispered to him.

After five minutes he stopped crying and just buried his head in her shoulder.

"Thank you Artemis," batman nodded at her and she nodded back.

"Me and Robin have a mission for a few days, I need you all to watch him, he's started training yesterday and developed a new power and possibly will get more," batman said emotionless and Danny looked up from artemis's shoulder and at him.1

"Phantom, don't shoot people," he smirked at the little halfa who smiled a little back.

With that the dark knight went to go find Robin who might already be at the bat cave.

Roy turned to Artemis who still had Danny and had a protective gleam in her eye as she glared at Roy.

"What?" He raised an eye brow at her and saw Wally and everyone else on the young team had protectiveness around them.

"Dude," Wally nodded his head to the side and the two red heads walked to the side as Artemis but Danny down and he watched them train with a small smile.

"So who's the kid? And what's up with him?" Roy crossed his arms.

"That's Danny," Wally stated.

"Last name?"

"Grayson, that's Robins little brother," Wally told him and roys eyes went wide.

"Explain now," he growled out, he was like an older brother to Robin and he loved Robin like a younger brother, Wally too.

"Danny is a meta human, robs told me he's half ghost, three years ago he was taken and experimented on by the guys in white, they mortified the kid... He has panic attacks easily with new people and with you not being gentle around him kinda made him think you would hurt him. He's more afraid of adults, so your kind of an adult, but he also has social anxiety and night terrors," Wally explained.

"What did they do to him?" Roy asked a little angry that people would hurt a child.

"I don't know the details about it but he was chained up around the neck, ankles and wrist with a collar that electrocuted him. They did a lot of experiments on him man, just smile at him and don't glare, he won't be scared of you then," Wally said and walked back to the others.

"And he makes really good spaghetti," Wally called back making Roy raise an eye brow.

-

"So phantom, batman said you started to train, would you like to show me a little while everyone else trains as well?" Canary asked Danny who was sitting on the ground.

"Yes please," he jumped up and walked with canary to the platform. Everyone stopped fighting against their partner and watched as the two got in fighting position.

"Can I use my powers?" Danny asked.

"Mm, let's me see how you do without them," she smiled gently and the speakers announced them to go.

Danny waited for canary to run at him and she did so.

He ducked under a small kick she did and did a back flip off her back and did a front hand spring back to his feet shocking everyone.

"Batman said I'm a fast learner," he smiled.

"When did you start to train?" Canary asked him.

"Yesterday," he shrugged.

"But I use to do a bunch of stuff at-" he cut himself off.

Canary nodded knowing that this was dicks brother and they go on the trapeze when they where younger.

"Flips and all that must be a muscle memory," canary and Danny walked off the plate form.

"Back to training, don't use the same attack twice," canary ordered and Danny walked out of the room and looked around.

Roy saw this and followed.

Danny transformed back to his human form not thinking anyone was following him and went to the kitchen and grabbed some fruit snacks but didn't open them until someone spoke

"You and Robin do look alike," Danny jumped a foot in the air and turned to phantom spinning to see Roy.

"O-oh, I-I'm sorry," Danny put the fruit snacks back.

"It's fine kid, you can eat them," Roy walked towards him.

"T-thank you," Danny said quietly.

"Y-your not going to hurt me right?" Danny flew up and sat on the counter.

"Why would I? I would never hurt a child," Roy tried to comfort him with words.

"Because people use to hurt me a lot, most of my owies went away but not all of them," Danny looked at the ground. He slowly lifted up his shirt to show his Y scar on his abdominal and put it back down.

"They though I didn't feel pain..." Danny kept his gaze on the ground.

"I felt all of it," he whispered and Roy heard.

He walked up to Danny and made Danny look up at him.

He saw Danny's eyes where full of pain and fear from the past.

"I promise I won't hurt you, I care for Robin and Wally like little brothers, I care about you just as much Danny," he said gently and Danny hugged his middle but didn't cry.

Roy looked at him in in shock but gently wrapped his arms around the small boy and hugged back.

They stayed silent and Danny let go and smiled brightly at Roy.

"So are we friends then?" Danny asked happily.

"Sure phantom, we're friends," Roy smiled a little and put Danny on his shoulders and walked back to where everyone was still training.

"Wait my fruit snacks!"

"Uggggggggh"