Chapter Twenty-one

Hey sweets, how are you doing?

***

Chapter Twenty-one

I had come to learn that the boy's name was Harry, and he was in fact a year and three months older than me.

He eventually was called to leave by his mates, but not before slipping his phone number into my hand on a small piece of paper.

I smiled; he was kind, and seemed like a genuin person.

I shoved the piece of paper into my pocket and looked out at the rippling water.

Suddenly someone else tapped on my shoulder, making me jump.

I looked up and my eyes met a pair of pleading ones.

I stood up and went to walk away, but he gently grabbed my wrist, spinning me towards him.

He had clenched his jaw and looked annoyed, "I've spent all day trying to find you, can you please let me explain?"

I sighed, motioning for him to go on.

"Sierra grabbed my arm and led me to the middle of the store, before I could react, her lips were on mine. I went to push her away, but she held on tight to my neck so I couldn't move. I was about to shove her harder, but then you found us." He seemed as though he was being honest, but I still didn't believe him.

"Is he bothering you?" Harry spoke suddenly.

"I thought you left? And no. He's just my ex." I hissed the last word, glaring harshly at Alex.

I saw a sheen of tears to fall over his eyes.

"I promise I had no part in it!" Alex exclaimed, falling to his knees.

I chuckled at his desperation, but quickly sobered up.
"Leave me alone." I spat, before turning on my heel.

I grabbed Harry's wrist and tugged him away with me.

"What happened with him? Is he the reason you were so upset?" Harry's eyes darkened and I shrugged.

"Yeah. He cheated on me with his ex." I sighed, my tone laced with sadness.

His balled his fists and clenched his jaw.

I grabbed his shoulder, and his eyes softened for a moment.

"Why are you getting so upset? We just met." I pointed out, and he shrugged.

"I just hate seeing guys treat girls like worthless pieces of crap." He huffed, and I looked down at the ground.

"Thanks."

***

Harry had been texting me all night making sure I was okay.

I'm not gonna lie, he was bordering creepy stalker....

Alex had texted me more than Harry, and the other boys too, telling me to 'Just trust Alex'.

Should I trust Alex? Was he really telling the truth?

I slid down my bedroom door, choking back a sob. Why did love have to be so dang complicated?

There was a soft knock on the door.

"Come in," I sighed standing up and moving out of the way.

Mom's face appeared and my eyes widened. I honestly hadn't seen her more than once or twice after my brother's death.

"Someone's downstairs, they want to see you." She smiled softly, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

I already knew who it was. And even though I would've liked so much to just slam my door and crank up my speakers, I decided to grow some balls and go downstairs.

I gasped when I saw the shirtless boy standing in the door way.

He was wearing black joggers that hung loosely on his hips. His eyes were red and swollen as though he had been crying, and he looked extremely ill, even though it hadn't even been a whole day since I saw him last.

The moment he saw me, his eyes widened and he ran towards me, falling to his knees.

"I know this is very dramatic, and frankly kind of cliché, but please, I'm begging you to forgive me. It's only been a day and already I feel horrible." His words came out shaky and broken.

I smirked, "You're right, this is very dramatic, and very cliché."

He stood up and his gaze dropped to the floor, assuming he had come for no reason, and that I wouldn't change my mind.

He sighed, tugging the tips of his dark brown hair.

"Goodnight then. I hope you love a good life." He sighed, turning to leave.

***

Oops, cliff-hanger. #sorrynotsorry 😉

Don't forget to vote and comment! And I hope my content is still good, I appear to be losing some of my readers rather than gaining them 😭

I do appreciate those who have remained faithful!

Byeeee!