22. "Adam hurt you too"

Chapter 22
"Adam hurt you too"

"I want coffee" I whine.

"No A, no coffee remember" Jackson reminds me.

Adam thinks I have a weird addiction towards coffee, so he made me a deal. If I didn't drink coffee for a month he would buy me a phone, finally after all this time. I need one as soon as possible.

I turn around and see Adam entering the room. I start sucking on the lollipop in my hand and he smiles.

"So cute" he says and pinches my nose and I slap his hand away softly laughing. He sits down in the dining table and puts his hands on his head. I walk up to him and start massaging his shoulders lightly.

"Thank you" he whispered.

"You're welcome" I say and Jackson smiles.

"I found my mate!" He blurts out.

We stare at him in surprise.

"She's from your old pack, I talked to Jeremy and he's bringing her to me today" he said excitedly.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea!" I hear Jackson exclaim.

"Here we go again" I whisper to myself.

"Spongebob squarepants!" He exclaims again.

I suddenly hear tires screeching in the driveway. And see Jackson's face lit up, and see him walk to the door. I suddenly see Jeremy and a girl hiding behind him. She peeks her head out and sees Jackson and runs up to him. He hugs her and she snuggles into his chest, I could see the excitement in his eyes. He grabbed her hand and he takes her upstairs, probably to his room. He looks like a boy on Christmas opening his new gift.

"So how's the new pack treating you?" Jeremy says.

"Good" I respond emotionless.

"We miss you back home" he says as if trying to make conversation.

"Good" I said trying to close the door on him but failed because he put his foot on the door.

"No, stop! You're not shutting me out again" he said.

"Why not?" I yelled.

"Because I know I did you a lot of wrongs, but I miss you and I know you do too" he said. At the sound of those words coming out of his mouth, deja vu hit me. I quickly let the door go and walked back slowly. Is he gonna throw stuff at me again, what is he gonna do next? Kill me?

"I-I'm sorry" He said noticing why I have my guard up.

"I'm not hurting you again" he said. I took another step back and felt my eyes water.

"S-Stop" I begged. "You hurt me, you put me in the hospital, you betrayed me and lied to me and hid secrets from me!".

"Adam did the same thing! He hurt you! He married another woman!" He exclaimed.

"I-I'm so sorry" he says realizing what he had just said.

"Get. Out" I threatened.

"B-but"

"Get out!" I scream, he flinches, and I started crying.

"Astrid" he murmurs.

"Get the hell out!" I exclaim and he starts walking out the door.

I collapse on the cold tile living room floor and put my head in between my legs.

How could he do this to me? Come and act as if he did nothing wrong? As if he didn't hurt me?

He lied to me and that's what hurt me the most. I trusted him and he just stabbed me in the back. He hurt me emotionally and physically, I can't forgive him. He broke me and I won't forgive him.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

I've been currently sitting in the living room for the past hour. I feel numb, not sad or mad or even frustrated.

"What's wrong?" I hear Adam say kneeling in front of me.

At that moment I don't even want to talk, or even listen to anyone. So I just stare at the distance and ignore his voice.

"Astrid?" He asks shaking me, I stay unresponsive.

"Baby, are you okay?" He asks once again. I felt a tear run down my cheek and I stare down at my arms at my scars, the ones Jeremy left me.

"Let me take you to bed" He says picking me up bridal style and took me to his silky smooth bed.

I laid there emotionless and without energy to even breath.

'Adam did the same thing! He hurt you! He married another woman!'

Those words were roaming through my brain, every time I thought I was over those words. The words would come and drill into my brain like a tool drilling a nail. His words stung, like a bee or a needle.

Adam did hurt me and I am still here. My thoughts are confusing, I don't know what's going on anymore. It's as if I'm on a drug that takes your subconscious away. It's as if half of my brain was asleep or in deep paralysis.

"Are you okay?" I hear a voice interrupt my thoughts. I quickly turn to look at Adam. I stay quiet.

I get up from the bed and walk to the rest room and lock the door. I fill the bathtub with warm water and turn on some scented candles. I get undressed and sit in the warm fuzzy tub.

"Astrid, Are you okay?" I hear Adam ask.

"I'm fine, I-I just need a warm r-relaxing s-shower" I cry out.

The door was forced open and I see Adam walking into the room and close the door behind him. He kneeled in front of the tub and grabbed my hand. I was embarrassed due to the fact that well I was naked.

"What happened?" He asked. I let out a small sigh and told him everything.

He let out a sad sigh and he gave my hand a slight squeeze.

"Astrid, you know my reason as to why I married her, to protect you, but he had no reason to hurt you. Hell, if he didn't mean a lot to you he would've been dead already for hurting my mate" Adam said softly.

"Y-you wanted to kill him?" I ask.

"Yes but you stopped me" he said.

At this moment I didn't know if I wanted Jeremy dead or alive. I didn't hate him but I didn't love him either. I didn't care about anything, I felt dead inside, numb. This wasn't me, it ain't me, but it will be.