Chapter 3- "Just my luck"

*Please vote :') *

I stood there, hoping I wouldn't fall at the sight of him. He looked absolutely perfect, with his tousled bedhead hair. He pushed his dark locks out of his face like he always did. 

I met his stormy gray eyes, which were oddly expressionless. But I couldn't help but smile as my eyes traced his sharp jawline all the way down to his v-neck tee which hugged his defined chest. 

Eye candy at your finest.

"Runt, you might wanna take a picture. It'll last longer," Dominic smirked. I laughed, remembering how I thought that this morning would be awkward. Instead, it felt like everything was normal with our usual joking around, but it had a hint of dangerous attraction that definitely wasn't there before. 

I felt my cheeks heat up as his eyes trailed me up and down, checking me out. He raised his eyebrows and leaned against the wall. I couldn't tell what could possibly going through his mind, as his eyes remained unfaltered.

"So, we're... mates," he finally said, after what seemed like an eternity of being deep in thought.

"I guess," I replied.

He studied my face carefully, and it was uncomfortable but my inner wolf craved for more.

Shut up, you hoe!  I mentally growled at myself. 

He let out a deep breath.

"I-I just can't do this," he stated.

I blinked.  I knew what was coming.

I knew the feeling all too well.

That feeling I had been trying so hard to escape my whole life. Except now a wave of it had crashed back into my life. I didn't know it would be back so soon, especially from the one person who I'd always trusted so much, the one person who I was destined to be with, the one person who was my rock.

The feeling made me sick.

"It's just hard to see myself living the rest of my life with you as my partner, Dee," he shuddered.

I felt numb. No words came out of my mouth, there was no point in saying anything. A part of me already knew what was coming next, and I wanted to ignore that part so badly. 

I finally looked up at him and noticed he was about to continue, but words escaped my mouth before his own venomous ones  could sink back into me again.

"I get it, you're rejecting me," my wolf went ferocious. "Just get it over with," I whispered the last few words. My last traces of hope shriveled and died as I said them.

He looked surprised, but still spoke,

"I, Dominic Falbrook, reject my mate, Destiny Evans."

And that was the very moment the pain sunk in. 

I could only muster up a nod, and quickly slipped into my room and collapsed against the door. It felt like fire had replaced every ounce of blood in my body, and it burned. It felt like I had shattered into a million pieces and all of those pieces drifted away into nothingness, and it killed. It felt like a all of the hope, love, and emotions were brutally murdered, and it hurt.

Even fate didn't want me.

I never expected that the pain of rejection would be so physical. I almost stopped breathing when I realized my inner wolf was suddenly silent. I couldn't lose my inner wolf, not after everything I had lost over a stupid boy.  A stupid boy who was designed to hold me, care for me, and to love me.