Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty-Three

*Alyssa's P.O.V

I sat quietly in the back seat of the Cadillac Escalade. My emerald green eyes studied Caine attentively. He was positioned in the driver's seat on the phone with someone. I was drinking in his physical appearance despite my wishes not to.

He was one of the most attractive men I had ever seen. To his beautiful blue eyes and tattooed muscular body. He was definitely one fine specimen. That dark stubble on his face only made him look more delicious. The black long sleeved shirt that strained over his muscled torso made my mouth water. I needed to stop before I get too ahead of myself.

"I don't care. I want you to find where she's hiding. When you have the details call me back." He ordered harshly. He didn't wait for a response from the person on the other end before he hung up. He tossed his phone angrily into the leather seat next to him.

He ran a hand down his face in aggravation and blew out a long breath. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration as he glared blankly ahead at the road in front of him.

Then, he roamed his eyes over the surface of the interior of the truck before they landed on the glove compartment. He snagged a cigarette from the pack. He placed it in between his lips and lit cigarette up with the lighter lying on the dashboard.

I knew it was best to leave him alone when he was upset. The last thing I wanted was for him to take his anger out on me. I yearned to comfort and reassure him that everything was going to be okay.

It was hard for me to do anything when I knew the reason why he's so mad. He "claimed" it was because he wanted to save his business and stop whoever is behind this.

But I knew exactly why he wanted so urgently to uncover who is doing this.

It was because he wanted to find her.

How can I help Caine find her when I wanted him for myself? I know that he is under the impression that he just wanted to save his company and make more money. He would do that without a doubt. Of course.

But the more dominant and larger side of him wanted to rescue Bryce, because he cares about her. Hell, he probably even loves her. I don't know if he's still in the denial stage or if he had come to terms with what he feels for her. I honestly don't care, but I've witnessed the way he behaves around her, the way he treats her and even the way he looks at her..

It kills me inside because I want him. It seems as if he will never return my feelings. All because of Bryce. A part of me hopes that he won't find her. If she somehow make it out alive, his attention will be focused solely on her then I'll never have a chance. I hope and pray that she's dead.

It's crazy how she stole him from right under my nose without even trying. She will never care about him, like I do. She don't even want him. She's not even that pretty, but yet he's still stuck on her.

I don't understand. It's not fair because I've been by his side through it all. And this is how he treat me?

I don't know how he doesn't think of the night we shared together. He was so talented and rough but in a good way. He knew exactly what he was doing..I blushed slightly. He wasn't my first, but he was the best I ever had. Even though it was almost two years ago. The memory is still fresh in my mind. I've tried dating and sleeping with other men..but none of them could compare to him. In no shape or form.