💠NINETEEN💠

EDITED NOVEMBER 20TH, 2018

"I still just can't believe it! That was $100 he burned up back there! Good, American money!" Grover complained once again as we stepped off the boat that led us to Hades' palace in the Underworld. Grover tried to pay the man who ran the boat with American money to take us to the palace, and he just burnt the stack of cash to ashes. I wished Grover would stop complaining about it, seeing as it was his fault. You can't pay 'mythological' creatures with mortal money. I handed him some of the Drachmas we found at Medusa's lair and we were on our way to the palace.

"Grover, we have bigger things to worry about at the moment. You have the pearls, Percy?"

He sent me a small nod, lighting tapping his pocket as an indication to where they were at. I gave a slight nod, facing the palace once again before taking a deep breath and walking through the large doors.

We had literally stepped into what looked like death. It was all black inside, flames shooting up along the walls as we walked through the long entrance way as quickly as we possibly could. The screams of the tortured souls rang through the hallways, bouncing off the walls and into our ears, even though they were outside of the palace, thousands of feet below us. The noise was almost unbearable.

"Stop, I smell something," Grover suddenly told us, putting an arm out to signal Percy and I to stop walking. We had reached what looked like the end of the entrance way, 3 different corridors now in our way. There was one to our left and our right with one directly in front of us, the only light inside of the being the fires that burned along the walls. Grover sniffed the air once again, but before he could say anything low growling appeared all around us.

"Hellhounds!" he shouted, getting his little dagger ready as Percy and I readied our weapons. They leapt out of the fires that lined the walls, closing in around us, way to many to fend off ourselves. The growled, barked, and snarled as the walked closer to us, not afraid of our weapons one bit. I looked over at Percy as he jabbed Riptide at the Hellhounds, but they didn't even flinch. I looked back at the two in front of me, my eyes meeting with theirs, and I saw a glimpse of Arrow in them, giving me a crazy ass idea.

"Guys! Don't hurt them! Let me try something!" I looked over at the two boys, watching as they gave each other worried glances. Percy shrugged, backing up against me and putting Riptide back in pen form. Grover sighed, putting his dagger in his belt as backing up against me as well.

"στάση!" I yelled as loudly as I could, closing my eyes and praying to the gods that my plan worked. The barking and growling came to a halt and I opened my eyes, astonished at the sight in front of me, as were the boys. Every single Hellhound was sitting on the ground, looking up at me with as much innocence in their eyes as a little puppy dog. They almost reminded me of Arrow. My commands worked on normal animals, I wasn't sure if Hellhounds were part of that or an exception.

"My, my, my, it seems that Hades was right," a slick, almost dark sounding voice came from the fiery hallway to my left. We all whipped around to face the hallway, Percy grabbing my arm and pulling my closer to him.

The woman appeared from the fire and shadows, finally visible to us in full. She was a mess. Half of her dark brown hair way up, but it was falling all over the place, almost as if she was drunk. Her dress was pitch black, only parts of the skirt being a blood red color that almost reminded me of fire. The scowl on her face only seemed to grow the longer she stared at me, and I shrank back against Percy a little bit more, an action that made her smirk just a bit. She walked closer to us, her heels clicking against the floor.

"You know, when I pictured the daughter of Artemis, I did not picture some fiery red head," she informed us, appearing in front of me with a piece of my hair between her fingers. Percy pulled me even closer, glaring down the lady as she just laughed, taking a few steps away as she admired the fires that danced along the walls.