Chapter 17/ Special

Selena POV

Tomorrow is the last of my sick leave from work and I am more than relieved. I have been successful in avoiding Nick for the whole week and it's slowly eating me up. I miss him.

"You cannot continue like this Ms. Daniels" David scolded. I have been either locked up in my room or just sitting on the sofa and eating fruits! I was getting bored.

"Yes, I can and I will!" I pout.

"Youre just being childish now. Your avoiding Nick for the whole damn week! You don't think he feels like shit? I should know. And mostly he's a bigger dick! When you two don't agree on stuff he takes it out on everybody especially me! So, this is a plea to you. Help me out!" He yells.

I chuckled "OK OK fine. I will OK. But if he calls. I'm not calling first!" Maybe I'm childish.

"Do you want me to call him for you!" He teased.

"Of course not! He can use his head. After all, he has two" I smiled and headed to my room.

"I didn't need to hear that!" He shouts. I like David a lot. He's like my dad.

******

"Selena, can't you come shopping with us today?" Shaw whined. I wanted to stay home. There's no reason for me being on the road this early!

"Shaw no ok. Look I just-" the doorbell cut me off. "Hold on I'm getting the door," I told her. When I opened the door, I thought I would be greeted by someone but instead, I was greeted with a huge bunch of white roses! What the heck!!?

"Ah hello, are you Selena?" The guy said behind the garden of roses.

"Yes, I am" I said timidly.

"Well, I have a delivery for you. Can I come in? Its a bit heavy!" He chuckled.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry come in!" I gestured him in. "I didn't order any roses....." I prologue for his name.

"Bobby" he said.

"Bobby. You probably have the wrong Selena" I convinced him.

"I don't think so." He smiled. "Just read the note. And I just need your signature" he said while handing me a book pad.

"Yes of course." I signed.

"You have a very beautiful day Ms Selena" he said while leaving. What the fuck just happen!?

When I went to the beautiful roses, they smelled great! Then I saw a note sticking out. I began to read it. His words had me in tears. He wrote this. For me!

"Ms Daniels?" David opened the door and came closer. "I see you've gotten the very special white roses" he smiled.

"Its huge David!" I chuckled.

"Well, he's trying right? Give him a shot. So where are you guys going?" He said while leaning on the kitchen counter.

"What? You knew about this!?" I snapped.

"No not at all Ms. Daniels. He just called me to inform me that someone will be coming to the house to drop off a delivery" he said while holding up his hands in defence.

"Well, if you say so. And I have no idea. He just said to wear something elegant" shit! I don't have an elegant dress!

"Shit, I don't have a dress!" I scurried for my phone "Shaw I'm so sorry!" I forgot I told her to hold on.

"I was just about to hang up!" She hissed.

"Well, I have something to make it up to you" I smiled.

"What you are buying me a iPhone?" Is she crazy!?