Worth it

S K Y L A R

My friends dragged me back to the dressing room.

"We don't have time for flirting," Gabriel said.

"Hey, I don't flirt with Damian." I rolled my eyes at their faces. "What? I don't."

"Here!" Kris handed me clothes to try on. "Hurry up!"

I didn't count the number of times I stripped and redressed myself. It was an infinite cycle of dress up.

The third outfit was the charm.

"This is it!" Kris's eyes sparkled. "Tyler's going to love it!"

Happiness ignited inside me at the fact that Tyler and Kris are happy.

"He's going to love everything." I smiled.

Kris suddenly hugged me. I squeezed my arms around him before we parted.

"Damian isn't back yet?" I frowned.

Gabriel stuck his head out the dressing room. "Some weirdo is bothering him."

That didn't sound good. I quickly changed back into my own clothing. "I'll be right back."

I stepped out of the dressing room. My eyes zipped across the room until they locked onto my step-brother.

And then, Roy Collins.

Damian's ex.

My anger rose at the sight of him. He was a piece of shit, and if he hurt Damian again—

"You're still hot for your brother, aren't you?" Roy seethed. "Is that why you won't take me back?"

I stopped. My heart squeezed and I wondered if Damian's did too.

"So what if it is?"

My face heated up. A strange feeling enveloped me as my heartbeat picked up.

"You little slut," Roys hissed.

I found my feet and launched forward. He hissed when his back slammed into the wall. He gritted his teeth,

"Looks like Prince Charming came to your rescue."

"You're going to wish I were a damn prince," I said.

"Skylar, don't." Damian touched my shoulder. "He isn't worth it."

The urge to wipe that smug grin off Roy's face was overwhelming.

But Damian was right; he's not worth it.

I wasn't going to let myself sabotage Tyler's birthday. This trip meant a lot to Kris, it was their first birthday together as a couple— I couldn't ruin that.

My fists clenched in his shirt before I released him.

That was my mistake.

Roy's eyes narrowed and he pushed me into the clothes rack. I stayed on my feet but the rack behind me didn't.

"You think I won't fight back or some shit?" He seethed.