Chapter Eight Chloe: Dating

That night I was sitting at home then I heard the doorbell when I looked out my window and saw his motorcycle outside. I sprang out of my bed and changed as fast as I could into a dark blue dress, black leggings, and black ankle boots. My mom walked in while I was putting on my makeup "Chloe please tell me that the guy that's down stairs isn't the same Austin Smith that we were talking about you not dating" she started. "Sorry mom, can you stall him for like twenty minutes" I answered "Chloe Alyssa Price, he is a convicted felon, with a very violent record" she said "mommy he is so sweet and smart and funny you'll like him" I said mocking a baby voice. I looked at myself one more time before she and I went down stairs I looked sweet and pretty.

I went downstairs and he gave me a helmet which I didn't even know he owned since he never wore one. My dad asked him where his was and Austin said that he didn't need one. Then my dad gave Austin his speech on how he would track him down to the ends of the earth if he needed to. He helped on the back of his bike and I wrapped my arms around his waist. He smelled like leather, soap, and a really nice cologne. I was trying to focus on not rubbing his abs which was a rock hard six pack. Then we finally left the entire time Austin was a perfect gentleman he let me pick the movie, where we went to eat afterwards, paid for everything, and held every door open for me. There was only one thing that was troubling me how could this sweet, nice person sent nine people to the ER, so I asked putting our entire date in jeopardy. To my surprise, he told me he said two rookie cops killed his parents and older brother by overreacting during a sobriety test and he got really drunk then tried to get revenge.

When I got home that night I couldn't stop thinking about him. The next day he called me I don't know why I was so nervous and I sounded so stupid. He was too busy laughing at my nervous nonstop talking to catch all the weird stuff I was saying, and all I wanted was to be able to shut up. After I could stop and put some duct tape over my mouth he asked if I wanted to grab something to eat later and I practically ripped my lips off to say yes. I tried to play it off like I didn't feel like I could fly then I told him to pick me up around two.

After I hung up and found my mom and dad standing in the doorway staring at me. "Chloe I'm a bit worried about you dating a guy with a criminal record" my dad said bluntly "We just don't want you to get hurt" my mom started "So if you are going to keep spending time with him we are going to need to know where you are at all times" she said handing me a small chip " it's a tracking device and from now on I want you in this house by eleven and you need to call me if you are going to be running late." I agreed to their terms. "So where are you two going and what are you wearing" she said excited while my dad just rolled his eyes and walked off.

By the time two rolled around my mom and I had gone through six outfits, five hair styles, and three full faces of makeup. We settled on jean shorts, a floral crop top, a black vest, with a silver choker, and matching earrings. Austin arrived at the door exactly on time upon ringing the doorbell my dad and brothers answered it. Mike and Jonathan aren't every small people they're both six thee and go to the gym religiously, while my dad kept himself in shape by running and lifting weights in the basement. By the time, I could walk downstairs they had already surrounded him, and mom, my sister Heather, and I had to break up the stare down. By the time, Austin and I made it out of the house his life had been threatened at least twenty times.

He took me to a little overlook near the Peak of Mingus Mountain where we had a perfect view of the entire county and we had a picnic. We had been talking for a while aka me unable to stop rambling when he just reached out and kissed me. I felt the entire world melt away for just a moment like nothing mattered not school, not my overprotective family, not even the bug that was crawling on my ankle. When he leaned away from me I felt like I was being snatched back to earth. He smiled at me and brushed my hair back behind my ear and said that had wanted to do that ever since he walked into the school. I kissed him again rolling him on his back and from that day forward that little overlook near the Peak of Mingus Mountain became our little get away.

About three weeks later was the first time he beat someone up on my account. I work as a waitress at a sports bar, and I have gotten to drunk and rude customers being a bit aggravating. One day I had Austin to pick me up from work since my brothers, dad, and Heather were out of town on a case and my mom was at work. It was almost the end of my shift and this one customer was being a big asshole, and had already cussed out two other waitresses before I was forced to wait on him. Austin arrived early and was sitting at a booth in the corner, and I was bringing the customer his last drink and the check and apparently, he wasn't happy about the price of everything he had ordered. He slapped me to the ground a started to cuss me out while Austin was helping me off the ground and while my boss was kicking him out. After Austin made sure I as okay he walked outside to confront the customer the guy said something, and Austin proceeded to beat the hell out of him. Then he walked back inside leaving the other guy knocked out in the street and received the applause from the other men in the bar then he gave me a ride home. The next morning the news said that the man was hit by a car and was in the hospital.

At school I became the girl with the crazy boyfriend, but I also kept him out of a lot of fights and he got detention a bit less since he wanted to spend more time with me. He was still one the schools' crazy students and he did beat up anyone who called him that. He got into a lot of trouble when he punched Ashley Tran after she had kissed him, so much he was forced to be in the schools anti-bullying play. Where he was forced to play the kid, who stood up to his bully and his acting is extremely terrible since he was just reading the lines he wrote on his arm. His foster siblings got a real kick out of it especially his roommate Jonas who is also his second-best friend besides Kecia. When he finally invited me over for dinner Jonas, Kecia, and Anna where the only people he willingly introduced me to since he didn't seem to like the other four. After a while I finally convinced him to have dinner with my family, and he was a Perfect gentleman and even brought a bottle of wine. It took two months for my brothers and dad to stop threatening to kill him.

2UVL]{