Chapter 22

I wonder if I'll ever get a break from my messed up life. I was literally just kidnapped by my abusive father and beaten so much that I can't even walk. Now I'm exhausted and really just need some sleep but instead I'm stuck in a small, cold, dark room waiting for something to happen so I can give my statement and go home.

Like could they have at least given me a day to eat, shower, and rest?

I have no idea where Jake is, all I know is that he isn't aloud to be with me right now. He had brought me to this room about 15 minutes ago then the officer kicked him out and left me sitting here absolutely clueless as to what is going to happen next.

I was playing with my fingers when the door in the corner of the tiny room opened and a tall male officer stepped into the room causing me to tense up.

I haven't been very comfortable around the male gender for a while now, especially after what happened in that shed.

"Hello, Arianna right"

I nodded.

"I'm detective Williams, I'm here to take your statement" He said giving me a small smile.

Detective Williams black hair flopped over his forehead as he sat down in the seat across from me.

"So I'm going to need you to tell me exactly what happened starting from when you left your house to arriving here"

I nodded again.

He waited impatiently for me to speak, his green eyes burning holes through my head.

"Take your time" He said giving me a forced smile.

  •••

"So when you arrived you were stripped to your undergarments and chained to a wall, correct"

I nodded, reaching out to grab the water glass sitting in front of me. Picking it up with shaky hands and spilling some on my lap as I brought it to my lips.

"What happened next"

I sighed setting the glass back down"

"Michael, my father-"

"Wait Michael is your father" the detective rudely cut me off.

"Um-  yeah"

"So technically he didn't kidnap you if you are his daughter and he has custody over you" He said writing something in the his notepad.

I glared at him "I guess but I wasn't living with him at the time so-"

"Who were you living with then" He cut me off again.

"My friend, Jake Prince"

"Okay, and is Jake the guy that brought you in here"

"Yeah"

"And your 17"

"Yeah"

"So really you should have still been living with your father"

Is he for real?

"My father was abusing me what else was I suppose to do"

"You should have went to the police"

"But he threatened me"

"I see" He said scribbling something else down in his notepad.

•••

"So Jake arrived after what I think was three days, that's when Bryan came into the room and- he- he held a gun to my head. Somehow Jake got him to put the gun down and release me"