Chapt. 30) Chance

~Vincent's POV~
_______________________
Abel and I came back from patrols and something was extremely off. Quickening my pace, I was to the pack house in seconds. When I arrived in front of the pack house I felt my wolf get uneasy.

Looking over towards the patch of grass I saw my beautiful Mate and a rogue. She was laying in the grass with her eyes closed paying no attention to her surroundings.

"Elena!" I screamed making her eyes snap open.

She saw the wolf but it's like she didn't care. She laid there waiting for her life to be taken.

The wolf was threatening her and that's when I snapped. As the wolf showed its canines, I ran shifting midair and tackled him.

We fought back and forth for awhile but eventually he got ahold of my neck and bit down. Adrenaline rushed through me and before I knew it, I was able to snap his neck.

Feeling weak I fell over onto the floor, shifting right after. My eyes grew heavy but before they closed I saw a glimpse of light.

Elena.

She was my light. She was the reason for me to be living. There is nobody I would want more as my sunshine.

~

Waking up inside a hospital is common for us wolves. We are always hurt but that's part of the life we live.

I turned myself in the bed looking around the room. My eyes landing on the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"You're awake! How're you feeling?" Elena asked running over to my bed.

Her face showed worry but it was still extremely beautiful.

"I'm alright, how about yourself love?" I asked with a slight raspy voice, my  dry throat present.

"You shouldn't be asking me how I am. I wasn't the one almost killed by a rogue!" She said laughing while handing me a glass of water.

I took a drink of the cool liquid. My throat relieved. "Technically you were about to die from a rogue. Which we are going to talk about your actions..."

"Why did you just lay on the ground? Why didn't you do anything?" I asked.

"I just thought that maybe if the rogue killed me, my life would be easier. At that moment my life didn't matter to me anymore. I was willing to accept my fate." She said looking down.

Raising myself up to a sitting position, my hand made its way under her chin tilting it up.

"If you would've died Elena... I would've died. I know our meeting situations weren't as lovey as they were taught to be but I do love you. I have always loved you since I was a little boy. My parents would always tell me about how they met and how much they loved each other. I wanted to have the love they did." I explained softly,starring into her beautiful green eyes.

"The love they had?" She asked.

"Yes, my parents... they died in a car crash." I said softly.

"I'm so sorry Vincent. That's awful." She said grabbing my hand that was under her chin.

I noticed she was warming up to us. At first she didn't even want to be near us but now it's getting better. I need her in my life... I don't have anyone else or want anyone else..

I nodded and looked away. My parents were always a tough subject for me. They shaped me into who I am today. I am the Alpha like my father and I also have the heart of my mother. I guess when I met Elena the Alpha side of me took over the heart I had.

My mother would be so disappointed if she saw how I treated my own mate. I would be scolded everyday. I knew that what I did was wrong but now I'm just hoping that Elena will give me a chance to prove that I'm not the monster she thinks I am.

"Move over." She said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"What? Are you kicking me out of my own hospital bed?" I joked, smiling up at her.

"No I was going to share it with you. Unless you don't want that." She said looking around hiding her breathtaking smile.

She was so perfect.

Sliding over I patted the empty side of my bed. Soon after she climbed in, her scent calming my senses. The things this girl does to me.

Her arms slowly made their way around my torso. I was surprised. I didn't think she would lay with me yet, cuddle with me. I mean I'm not complaining.

Wrapping my arms around her small, curvy, beautiful body, we both drifted off into a peaceful sleep.