Chapter 20.

I anxiously keep on tapping my foot against the floor as I wait for the period to end so that I could check the results of the arts contest. I had finally submitted my painting and now it's time for the result, the whole day has passed and they were supposed to announce the results in the last period, which is now. But thanks to my history teacher who wouldn't let me go and check the result.

Last night, I was finally able to complete what I had decided to make after my mother's painting was destroyed. Zayn stayed with me the whole time, encouraging me every time I tried to give up. I finally made him go at four in the morning since he practically started to doze off on my couch. Still he wanted to stay until the painting was completed, which I didn't show him what I was making. I have worked hard on that painting my whole night, and I hope it was all worth it.

My phone vibrates in my denim jacket as I carefuly take it out and open it under my desk as I don't want detention for using my phone in the class.

Zayn: You need to come to the arts department now!

My heart races as I read his text. Maybe the result would've been announced. I need to go but I know Mr. Andrews won't let me leave.

Me: Can't come. In class right now. :/

Replying back to him, I wait for his text but I get none in five minutes so I slip my phone back into my pocket, leaning onto my desk as I cross my arms on it and rest my head on top of my arms, watching the wall clock slowly tick. My stomach is churning and I have weird butterflies in my stomach at the thought of the results. It's a big opportunity I don't want to lose.

"Excuse me sir," I hear a familiar deep accent from the doorway, making me lift up my head from the back seats to see Zayn leaning against the door. Mr. Andrews motions him to speak and he steps inside, his eyes searching for something in the class when they land on me and he smiles.

"I'm here to take Maire Stephen to the principal's office," he says and I quickly straighten up, watching him with my knitted eyebrows.

Mr. Andrews frowns at me and Zayn, thinking for a minute before he nods his head. "You can go, Miss. Stephen," he finally allows and I quickly get up from my seat and knock off my bag in excitement, causing a loud thud due to my books falling every where, making me embarrassed.

I curse under my breathe as I appologise to the class and bend down to pick up my books. A hand filled with tattoos quickly picks up my books, handing them to me as I get up from the floor and mumble a thank you to Zayn before both of us exit the classroom.

"Is the result announced yet?" I ask Zayn, impatiently.

"Yeah, but they wouldn't tell anyone until all the arts students are present there so I came here to get you." Zayn informs and I huff nervously. I rub both of my cold palms together, blowing my warm breath on them. My heart is pounding fast as we both approach the arts department.

Zayn notices my nervousness, making me stop and stand in front of me as he places his hands on both of my shoulders making me look up in his hazel eyes.

"You're going to win. And if you don't, then it's alright because it would be their loss if they don't choose a student like you for their college." He says softly, squeezing my shoulders a bit. "It's going to be alright, I'm here with you." He says before he steps aside and links his hand with mine, tightly intertwining our fingers together.

I nod and smile at him as we both head to the arts department, hand in hand.

We both take take seats in the corner of my huge arts class as our principal begins to speak.