Chapter: 8

Jessica's P.O.V.

So 2 weeks passed. Grace and aunt Miranda left. Me and Carter went out last week again. After a movie we went to the park near my house and sat on a bench.

flashback
"you look amazing" Carter said. "Thanks" I said as he kissed my cheek. I put my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around me. We were sitting like that for 15 minutes until Liam texted me to get back soon.

"Jess!!!" I was dragged out from my thoughts by Matt screaming. "Coming!" I screamed back. It was 12 in the morning and I'm still wrapped in my towel. I just put on my clothes and went downstairs.
I went into the kitchen and saw Liam's butt out from the fridge. "What's going on?" I asked. "Liam is taking your yogurt!" Matt said. " No, he's not" I stopped when I saw Liam taking out his head from the fridge with my yogurt and a spoon. "DON'T YOU DARE" I said. "or what?" He said narrowing his eyes. I starred at his plate. Matt handed me his bacon. "Thanks" I said.

"You!" Liam said to him. "Me!" Matt replied. I guess Matt was still mad at Liam. He told on him about taking mom's car without permission. But I like to think that I'm his favorite sibling. " PUT IT DOWN" Liam said. "Just give me my yogurt and we are cool" I said warning him. "You won't" He said. "Are you sure?" I said pulling bacon closer to my face. "This is so intriguing" Scott said, his words dripping sarcasm. We just traded back and everything got fine.

We finished our breakfast. Scott, me and Liam were sitting on the couch and Matt was in an armchair. Me and Scott were on our phones and Matt and Liam were Listening to music with beats on.

"Anyway" I said and stood on the couch to draw their attention to me. "It's my birthday in 5 days" I started singing pointing finger. "So?" They all said in sync. "Stop acting like you don't care. I know you care. You care" I started teasing them. They rolled their eyes. "hmm let's think. what does the every teenage girl for her birthday?" I stood in my thinking pose rubbing my chin. They sat silent. I started pointing them to ask. "Okay what" Scott asked. I turned on the TV. 'Aftertaste' Song by Shawn Mendes was on. I smirked.

"We can't kidnap Shawn Mendes for your birthday" Matt said. There were tour dates on the screen and I paused it. Then I went to TV and started pointing to the date where our city was written. "Alright we get it. But" Liam said and got cut off by me. "Ugh no Buts!" I yelled and landed on the couch. "Jess those tickets cost too much" Scott said. "Okay okay I get it, it's fine" I said.

After 5 minutes of silence
"But I really want to go" I exclaimed pleading. "Please Scotty" I used my puppy eyes. "Don't look into her eyes" Liam stated dramatically. "Okay we'll see" Scott said laughing.

"At least mom will be on my birthday" I said putting my head on Liam's shoulder. I was so excited. She was coming the day after tomorrow. I haven't seen her for over a month.

I got a call from her and answered it. "Mom!" I said. "Jessie!" She replied. "I miss you!" I squaled. "Me too! How are you guys?" She asked. "We're doing good. I can't wait to see you! I'm so happy that you will be on my birthday!" I said. "That's why I'm calling. I'm sorry honey but I can't come home yet. I have a lot of work and my boss does not let me leave. I'm so sorry" She said worriedly. My brothers heard it. " No it's fine. Don't worry about it" I said as a tear rolled down my face and I rubbed my cheek. "You are precious. I love honey" She said. "I love you too" I said and ended the conversation.

I sat there in silence. Liam wrapped his arm around me and I snuggled into him. Tears started rolling down my face. I was very upset. "Jess..." Matt was t off by me. "It's okay Matt. I'm used to it" Another tear rolled down my face. "Don't be angry with her please" Matt said. "I'm not angry I just miss her" Another tear rolled down my face and I ran to my room.

Have you ever felt like your parents don't have time for you? It f^cking hurts doesn't it?

No one's P.O.V.

"Her door is locked and she is crying" Matt said. "She just needs let it out and calm down. Give her some space" Liam said. "I'm worried about her" Matt said. They heard snoring from her bedroom. "She fell asleep. Nothing to worry about" Scott smiled. They agreed.