Chapter 9

Just after eight, we all settled down to watch Scream 2 in our private cinema, when there was a loud knock on the door and Aaron opened it to reveal a Mac.

He strolled in and squashed himself in between me and Blake.

"Mac!" I shouted, flinging my arms around his neck while grinning into his shoulder.

"Hey Skittle!" Mac pulled away and smiled at me.

I turned to Blake, "Blake this is Mac. Mac this is Blake." Mac nodded at Blake but Blake scowled at him and gave me an accusing glare.

"What brings you here Mac?" Aaron asked.

Mac was a big part of the Moreno gang; he was the messenger boy, the information finder, the information receiver, in other words he was Mac the Messenger. He knew everything about everything to do with criminal activities, especially gang related. Mac kept tabs on all gangs and criminals and he only ever came over if there was news we needed to here.

"Well...I've heard some news, some important news," Mac said.

"Would you care to share what it is?" Blake snapped.

Mac looked up and shot him an irritated look. "It's about the Jones crew."

Elliot narrowed his eyes at the name.

The Jones were a gang that over the years we had become quite familiar with, the Jones and the Moreno's were basically rivals, we hated each other more than a fish hated air, in case you didn't notice that was me subtly trying to prove how much our gangs hated each other. And we hated each other A LOT.

"What did you hear?" The curiosity was eating me up.

"Well they've got an important deal with a famous gang from Mexico, it's a deal worth millions," Mac explained.

"Is it a deal worth sabotage?" Elliot asked.

I turned to Elliot in surprise, "Elliot...you don't mean..." I trailed off.

"Oh come on Skye, don't you want to?"

I shook my head vigorously, "No. We can't do that."

Elliot rolled his eyes and turned back to Mac, who was watching us curiously.

"What else do you know?"

"It turns out that this deal that their having will be finalised in South Star Casino. The gangs will be sending two messenger boys there, to take a million dollars, cash, from the other."

"Cash?" I echoed.

Mac nodded, "A million dollars exactly."

"This deal they're making... Is it big?" I asked curiously.

"Bigger than anything they've ever done, if they lose this, then they're finished. Nothing can save them."

Marcus folded his arms over his chest and walked over, "I need details. When? Where? What time?"

Mac nodded, "It's at South Star casino, in two days time. From what I've heard, the deal is taking place sometime around nine p.m. Although it's only the two messenger boys making the deal, both gangs will surround the casino with extra security and someone will always be watching.

Aaron grinned, "Easy enough."

I spun around to face him, "Tell me you're not thinking what I think you are."

Aaron shrugged, "Why not? It'll be fun."

"Fun? We can't just ruin a deal that big."

"Skye, do I really need to remind you who we are? We can do it in our sleep, besides I haven't done anything exciting in ages. Come on!" Elliot complained.

"Yeah come on Skittle," Mac complained, "Don't tell me you don't want to."

I glanced at Blake, he was still scowling at Mac but I could tell by the look on his face that he wanted to go to the casino as well.

I returned my gaze back to Mac and glared at him before sighing in annoyance.

Should we do it?

*************************************

"Fine."

"You're going to go?" Blake looked at me in confusion.

"I feel bad about it, but I'm not letting these losers have all the fun without me," I pointed at my brothers who were grinning sheepishly.

Blake continued to stare at me with a worried expression on his face, so I gave him a reassuring smile before returning my gaze back to Mac.

Marcus high fived Jake and turned back to us. "We need a plan."

"No shit Sherlock," I rolled my eyes at him.

"The casino is huge, so sticking together won't help. We should divide into teams, Jake and Aaron, Marcus, Blake and I, Mac and Skye," Elliot said.

"No. Mac can go with you and Marcus. Skye can be with me," Blake said.

Mac raised an eyebrow, "Why should Skye be with you?"

Blake glared at Mac, "Because I think I'll be able to keep her safe."

This time I raised an eyebrow at Blake, "Need I remind you, that I really don't need to be kept safe?"

Both Blake and Elliot ignored me, "Okay, I'll be with Marcus and Mac, and Blake, you're with Skye," Elliot said.

"Hello? Does anyone care who I want to be with?" I asked.

They all ignored me.

"We'll call up some of the others and get them to help out," Jake left the room with Marcus in tow.

"Mac and I will try and get our hands on the blueprints of the casino, they'll be helpful," Elliot said, Mac and Elliot followed Jake and Marcus out the room.

Blake and I were the only two people left in the room. Blake turned two me, "Skye, are you sure you want to go?"

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?" I frowned at Blake.

"I just don't think you should go. It wouldn't be safe."

"Blake, I've been doing this since I was fifteen. This really isn't new to me, and it isn't scary either. You don't need to worry about me."

Blake frowned, "Just be careful okay? I don't want you to get hurt."

With that Blake stood up and left the room, leaving me to stare after him in confusion, did he just say what I think he said?

*************************************************

After dinner I went up the stairs and headed over to my room, but just as I passed Blake's bedroom I heard shouting.

I looked around and checked that the coast was clear before I pressed my ear to the door.

"She doesn't know!" I heard Blake shout.

There was no reply, but Blake paused, so I assumed that he was on the phone.

"He doesn't know either." I scratched my head and continued listening in confusion.

"I won't let that happen." Blake hissed.

What was he talking about?

"I gotta go, bye," I heard him say.

I backed away from the door and ran into my room, slamming the door shut in panic.

Who was Blake talking to?

More importantly, who was Blake talking about?

****************************************************

Auhthors note: Yes, I am well aware of the fact that there is a casino called 'north star casino' so calling the casino 'south star casino' wasnt very orignal but I SUCK at names so there's that...