Chapter 7

"Blake!" I screamed, which surprised us all. I couldn't help it though because I missed him so much. It had only been a week but it seemed like year since we had last seen each other. Now as I look at my best friend, I realized he seemed much stronger than I last saw him. His arms were more buff and he seemed taller and towered over me at least two inched more than last time.

I flung myself in his arms, realizing how much I missed his embrace. We just sat there in each others arms missing the other's embrace. We stood there peacefully until we heard a low growl from behind me.

Blake looked up with a protective look but once his gaze landed on whoever growled, his gaze held recognition and his eyes softened. I turned around to see who growled and there stood Brett.

"Brett?!?!" Blake said at the same time that Brett said, "Blake?!?".

They had smiles as they walked to each other as they gave each other one of those stupid man hugs. I was definitely aware that my mouth was hanging wide open. How the mother did they know each other?

The question was still milling around when Brett started talking again.

"What are you doing here man?" He asked.

"Came here to see my baby sister," he answered while pointing at me.

"Y'all are related?" Brett said with curiosity.

"No, I've been training her for two years. We just are so close that we call each other brother and sister," he answered with a cocky grin. That's when I snapped out of my shocked state and questioned them.

"You two know each other?!?! How?" My voice came out as a screech.

Blake was the one to answer my question, but he did it with sincerity sensing my angry and confused state, "He came down for a fight last year in August and me and him ended getting in a fight with a bunch of guys because he started talking about a video game and it got out of hand. Anyway we have been talking a few times since then," he said in a rush sensing my need for him to finish.

I nodded, "So are you gonna finish senior year here?" I ask with hope. We had started walking to the cafeteria again. Blake had his arm around me and I could tell Brett wanted to say something but he kept it in.

"Yeah, then after I'm gonna keep fighting until I get enough money for college," he said and I looked at him in surprise.

"Yes, nucklehead, I plan to do something with my life other than fighting. So have you done any fights?" He asked changing the subject.

"Yeah, I've been to one so far. I beat the guy two blows," I smirked triumphantly at myself. He nodded in approval and fell into a conversation with one of the other guys. I suddenly felt a tingly presence behind me. I automatically knew it was Brett. I felt him come up behind me and I could feel his breath on my neck. The tingles went on to my arm because that is where he was touching. His fingers skimmed up my forearm to my hand. As soon as he touched my palm, I jerked it away from him. My emotions were mixing together and I just met him, but I could not deny my attraction to him. It was so strong, it felt impossible. No matter what I told myself, my feelings for him were still there.

And I still felt empty when I pulled away from his touch.