Chapter 21

Nate's POV

        I felt every being inside me died as I saw her eyes as she fell. As I saw her terrified face as she fell, my wolf howled out of pain. I felt as if my heart just froze into cold hard ice. My pack members howl in pain along with me knowing before they could meet their future Luna, they have lost her, I have lost her.

And it pains me to say that, and even live with that.

but suddenly we all heard a howl coming from below the cliff, my heart went into over-drive and I bolted towards the edge of the cliff and once my eyes met a familiar hazel ones my heart soared with joy. There was Skye her wrist caught by a vine of some sort. I then shifted back to my human form not really caring if everyone sees me naked, all that matters was that I would save Skye before the vine breaks leading her to her ultimate death.

Skye's father was behind me along with Daniel, Jane and Gabie. I then reached out my hand to Skye. "Skye you have to shift," I shouted at her, she then did as she was told and I tried my best not to get turned on at the moment. Her body was bruised and she had a few scratches, her hair was messy and she was covered in dirt. Her wrist was bleeding badly due to the vine that's holding on to her life. "Nate I-- AHHHH!" she screamed, we both looked down and saw Nikki's wolf clawing on to Skye's legs.

Skye then screamed again out of pain as Nikki's claws sink into Skye's legs. I felt useless since there was nothing I couldn't do without hurting Skye or killing myself. I know that I would give my life for Skye but she wouldn't agree since she is the one dangling from the cliff. "Nate! You have to let me go!" she cried out, "No! I'll never let you go!" I shouted at her as I was holding her hand. Tears were streaming down her face due to pain in her wrist and leg. Tears were threatening to pour from mine but I dared not to.

"Nate! I can't take it anymore! It hurts too much!!" She sobbed, "Skye! You must fight! I know you are strong! I love you!" I shouted at her. Her eyes connected with mine and I reached both of my hands to her taking her free hand. Holding it with my life. She closed her eyes and with all the strength that Skye has she kicked Nikki with her free leg, her first kick only made the pain worst but once she kicked the second time. It made Nikki release her leg making Nikki fall to the bottom and with all my strength I pulled Skye from the cliff and pulled her into my arms covering her naked body for anyone to see. My pack members mostly male turned their head away knowing I would tear it off if they don't.

Skye's body went limp once it curled up into my arms. She buried her head in the crook of my neck crying. "Shhh... It's okay now, I'm here. I'll keep you safe," I told her as I stroked her hair. I then felt a soft fabric covering my back. I looked behind and saw Gabie. I smiled warmly at her and she did the same. "Come on Skye, I'll take you home," I said as I helped her up. She smiled and looked into my eyes and I felt as if I just melted. "You mean your house right?" she asked with a smile on her face. I smiled back and wiped the tears from her eyes with my thumb and said "Yes, home," As I kissed her forehead and enveloped her into an embrace.

I was finally happy. Happy that we have won the war, happy that Antonio will go back to being Alpha with Gabie by his side. Jane will live peacefully with her mate and I will live with my mate and hopefully start a family soon. We started making our way towards my house slowly, I made sure that the blanket was mostly on Skye. Her wounds were bleeding but she was a wolf and it will heal fast but once we arrived at my house I would have to treat her wounds. Antonio then howled at the sky telling everyone that he was back, being the Moonlight's Alpha. His pack then responded to him.

Right as everyone was smiling and the moonlight pack was getting to know the Elite pack everyone stopped as a gun shot could be heard. My heart started pumping fast again but I was alerted that Mason was still alive but suddenly I felt an increasing pain scorch through my right shoulder, I then fell to my knees and as I looked at my right shoulder I saw a circle of blood.

I got shot.

Skye's POV

        "NO!!" I screamed as the things around me went into slow motion. Nate fell to his knees and right as I thought my life was finally better, my life was finally complete everything came crashing down as I saw the circle of blood on his shoulder. I squat down to Nate's level and checked his shoulder, his eyes staring straight at the sky. "Nate, Stay with me now! You can't leave me," I said as I started slapping his face not allowing him to close his eyes even for just a second.

"Nate.. Nate!!" I screamed, his heart was still beating but his breathing was now shallow. I turned my head and saw Mason holding a shot gun in his hand. The members of both pack especially the Elite pack tried to attack but every time someone tried coming near Mason he would face his gun towards them making them back off. Tears were now streaming down my face uncontrollably and I felt each muscle in me tense with anger, my knees tremble with fear of what I was about to do and what may happen.

I growled under my breath but finally noticed that Daniel and Jane were right beside me. "Stay with him," I said to Jane in a demanding voice, she nodded her head. I faced Mason but shifted into my wolf form before my naked body can be exposed to everyone. Mason smirked and held the gun firmly. I then bolted towards him my heart beat increasing with each thud my paws made on the ground. Right as I jumped towards Mason he shot the gun and pain shot through my left leg where Nikki clawed. I screamed as my wolf automatically shifted back to my human form.

"You think you can beat me Skye Hale!? I am the almighty Alpha of the moonlight pack," he announced not only to me but to everyone. I saw the deadly look Gabie and my father were giving Mason, Gabie was about to use witch craft but Mason kept the end of the gun pointed at me so if she tried anything it will be over for me. Mason then grabbed my neck and lifting me off the ground. "You are gonna pay especially what you guys did to Chloe," he growled his face only inches away from mine. I was scared since I was naked right in front of him. One move and he could do almost anything to me.

The air was slowly escaping my lungs slowly choking me. Everything good that happened to me flashed inside my head. Memories of Chloe and how we are never gonna spend another moment with each other. Memories of Nate and not knowing if he will survive, memories of Gabie and how I'll never get to know my real mother, memories of my father and how he'll never know how sorry I am and Daniel and Jane and how I'll never get to thank them for being the greatest friend anyone could ever be.

I had so many things to do, I wasn't ready to die.

Right as Mason pointed the end of the gun at the bottom of my chin a black figure tore Mason away from me, letting me fall to the ground grasping for air. I then looked at Mason and saw a black wolf attack him, my mate. My heart leaped and I felt as if a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. He wasn't dead, I heard Mason's screams and shouts and failed attempted gun shots. I saw blood, but not knowing whose blood it belonged to.

My stomach churned and fluttered from being nervous but after a few minutes of anticipation of who would win and who would fall, I finally saw Nate standing victories with a bloody nuzzle and Mason's lifeless body laying on the floor. Me and everybody smiled as they saw that the Elite Pack's Alpha won. Nate then raised his head and his eyes connected with mine. I gave him a smile but then he fell to the ground.

"NATE!!!" I screamed everyone stood still not knowing what to do, I then crawled not caring if my leg hurt from the bullet that's still inside my leg and made my way towards Nate. Gabie, dad, Daniel and Jane started making our way towards Nate. They arrived right after I put Nate's wolf head on my lap. Stroking its fur with tears in my eyes.

"Please don't leave me Nate... I know I left you but I promise you that if you wake up I would always be with you, I will never leave you Nate. I love you," I said as my tears fell on his face.

Nate couldn't be dead, he can't be.

I can't lose him right as I got him.

because he is my mate after all.