Chapter 13

This is a birthday gift for my dearest and gorgeous friend @zanicagoles. She has been very supportive and I know her birthday just passed and I didn't get to greet her. So I decided on making a chapter dedicated to her, oh! And read her story 'Mere Shadow' it's really nice!! Happy Birthday Nica!!!

        It was already dark when me and Nate finally arrived at his friend's house, and believe me the place where his friend lived gave me the goosebumps. It was surrounded with trees in the middle of nowhere. I latched my arm with Nate's and he grabbed my arm knowing this place gave me the chills.

"Are you sure we are in the right place?" I asked Nate, he just smirked and said nothing. He was hiding something from me and I didn't like it not a single bit of it. We approached the small house that was covered in Vines. Nate then knocked on the door, we both waited to hear anything but nothing happened. Soon Nate broke the door making my eyes go wide. "Are you crazy!?" I whispered but kinda yelled at him. He still had that blasted smirk on his face. "Relax! Okay? This person is a really good friend of mine," As he walked right inside as if it was his own home. "Gabie! I am home!" he shouted making me roll my eyes. "Sit over there!" Nate said as he pointed at the small couch in another room.

I sighed and made my way towards the couch but before I could even reach the couch I heard a voice shout from the back "Nathaniel? Is that you? What in Obama's name are you doing h--" But she cut herself off right as she saw me in the middle of her living room. "Why hello there," she said politely to me as she smiled. I smiled back and timidly said "Hi," As I stood in the middle of the room like an awkward flamingo. Nate then appeared right on time, as the woman's eyes laid on Nate her smile faded and she went up to him and slapped him hard which made me flinch but angry at the same time but who knows maybe he really deserved it.

"Hello to you too!" Nate said as he touched his cheek that the woman slapped. "What in earth is wrong with you!? Running away and coming here!?" she hissed at him. "Gabie I really need your help!" Nate begged her, The woman who is Gabie, her eyes wander around the place as if she misplaced something but as her eyes landed on me she held a gaze with me and she smiled and made her way towards me. "Hello dear, you must be Skye Hale," she said as she held my hands like she already knew me. "Uhh... Yeah, How do you know me?" I asked hesitantly. She smiled and said "I am a good friend of your fathers.... that's until I became a rogue,"

"Oh! Where are my manners! My name is Gabriella Goldenice. But you can call me Gabie or Nice," she said as she gently shook both my hands like a little girl she adored. I smiled and looked at Nate for help because I felt awkward. Nate then broke our connection and said "Gabie, If you don't help me then Skye would be in deep trouble... not by breaking the pack law but because the Alpha is a douche," Gabie rolled her eyes and started walking away "Nathaniel--" "It's Nate," he corrected her. She smiled sarcastically and said "Nathaniel, it's your problem and hers not mine," But before she could disappear I quickly said "The Alpha is not my dad!" I even shock myself, it was like my wolf took over.

She then froze before she could disappear behind a door, she slowly turned around and looked me in the eye "Who is then?" she asked, I then whispered but enough for her to hear "Mason Crawford," Her eyes widen, and in a blink of an eye, threw a chair across the room and she hissed "What has gotten in Antonio's head!? Seriously!" As she ran her hand though her long brown hair. (There is a picture of her on the side)

"Please Gabie!" Nate then begged in a soft voice making me admire him more. He then looked at me and showed his soft but sweet smile, a smile that could make my knees weaken and my palms sweaty. He then grabbed my hand and gave a gentle squeeze. "Wait! Are you both like together?" Gabie asked as she looked between me and Nate as we both had our moment, a moment where we just look into each others eyes and speak no words as if there is no better communication than this,

"Mates," we both said in unison.

Gabie looked between us with a disapproving look but no one and not even us needed her opinion. Yes, we are enemies but that doesn't stop us from doing the right thing. "Okay... Okay... I will help you but we will discuss things in the morning! Skye dear, you take the spare room which is the last door on your left. and Nate you take the couch here," Gabie said, Nate then looked at Gabie and said "You know it would be more safe if I was to sleep with Skye," Gabie gave him a strict look and asked "Are you married yet? Are you mated yet? If the answer is no then the answer is no,"

I quickly pecked Nate's lips then walked slowly to the directions of the spare room. I didn't want to leave Nate's side but if we have to sleep in different rooms to get Gabie's help then we would do it her way. Whatever it is that Gabie can do, I know nothing about her and definitely don't see anything special about her. She seemed like a normal lonely cat lady except her cats are missing and that's why she is grumpy all the time. I finally reached the spare room and as I opened it, I expected it to be like the rest of the house with hand-made quilts and weird figurines but instead it was all color black, white and red filled with candles and pillows. I closed the door behind me and inspected the room. Even though I knew I was safe and Nate was near by I was just being skeptical, better safe than sorry.

I then just washed up in the private bathroom that was connected to my room then fell asleep right as my head hit the pillow.

---------------------------------------------------

        I woke up to the sun peeking behind my white curtains. I stretched then went to wash up and get ready whatever today may bring us. After I was fresh and changed into a hoodie and a pair of leggings, I then found myself walking through the halls into the living room but to find no one there. I searched for a little while but I could find no one in sight. I jumped a bit as I heard a cutting sound coming from outside. I went to the window to find Nate, shirtless and cutting wood. I smiled as I found my eyes mentally undressing him. After what seems like for hours just staring at him while he chopped wood I finally got a hold of myself and went back to look over the small figurines in the small living room.

Then right above the fireplace there were pictures, I then took an interest to it. I looked at some of the pictures some of them were Gabie and maybe friends or relatives. I laughed at one picture were she was kissing a scarecrow but the one picture caught my attention.

My whole body froze and I felt my stomach tighten and my throat go dry. At the picture of a teenage girl and right beside her was Gabie.

"Nikki," I exhaled her name but it came out more of a gasp.

"I see you know her," a voice said behind me, I quickly turn around to see Gabie. "You... You are Nikki's mom," I said, she nodded even though it wasn't a question. "How... how come no one told me? not even Nate? And Nikki is out there trying to kill me," I said in a desperate voice. Wondering why Nate didn't tell me? Did he not trust me?

I looked back at the picture of Nikki and Gabie hugging each other looking happy and loving like a real mother and daughter. "I'm sure Nate has his reasons, let's just say that me and Nikki aren't on talking terms," she said as she sat down on the couch not taking her eyes off me. "So you're my dad's mate?" I asked as I looked back at her. She smiled and said "Yup! The one and only," My heart beat pace sped up. I had so many questions to ask her. So many that I didn't think a day would satisfy all my questions.

"I bet you have questions for me," Her hazel eyes looked into my hazel eyes as if looking right into my soul. "Why did you left my father? What is the truth?" I asked, and I also added "Why is Nate asking for your help?" Her eyes look at the ground and back up at me. "I will tell you the truth, little by little but I will answer why Nate came for my help," she said, I stood in the middle of the living room waiting for her answer. A few seconds have passed and we just stood there looking at each other.

Suddenly the fireplace behind me burned with fire out of nowhere making me step back and watch as the fire just appeared magically. I looked back at Gabie with wide eyes as she told me three words that I couldn't believe, three words that were impossible to be the real truth.

"I'm a witch,"