Epilogue:

In the months that followed my coronation, everything was perfect.

Nathan had marked me, and I was officially his. 

We were lying on a blanket, staring up at the pure blue sky. The frothy clouds seemed to be moving and I watched them in awe. 

Nathan had his arm wrapped around me and I leaned in closer to him. He bent down and kissed me with such passion that I was gasping for breath afterwards. 

I shivered as he trailed a finger down my bare arm. The moment was blissful, and life as a Queen only made everything better. 

Our days were filled with meeting new people, making treaties, ensuring that peace swept over the land. 

Our nights? Well, they were private and intimate. 

All in all, nothing was missing. 

I had Nathan, and I loved him as he loved me. 

We were one; connected together. 

"We're going to be OK now," Nathan whispered into my ear. 

I smiled and buried my head in the crook of his neck. Bethany and Jex had gotten married, and were currently travelling as a part of their honeymoon. 

I played with the diamond engagement ring on my finger. Nathan had taken me out to dinner at one of the most extravagant restaurants, and he'd proposed.   

Even though a wedding wasn't necessary because he was the King and I was the Queen, Nathan had  wanted it to be official, he wanted to give me everything, and I was OK with that. 

"Yes," I said softly. "Me, you and our baby." 

Nathan caressed my swollen belly and smiled down at me lovingly. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All good things must come to an end eventually, but the next experience awaits. 

- Anon. 

  (Edited)