Symptoms

It had been four days since...well...everything! Toothless flew until his wings grew tired. And it took a lot to tire them out! Hiccup said nothing. He even ignored Toothless' suggestion to stop and catch a couple of fish. When Toothless couldn't fly no more he landed on a small island. It had dense forests and numerous cliffs. Shallow lagoons dotted the waters around it. Toothless half crashed, half landed into the forest. He sluggishly dragged himself with Hiccup on his back to the mountainside area. After finding a cave Toothless flopped to the floor exhausted. Hiccup slipped off the saddle and laid in the farthest corner there was. Toothless looked over to his friend, concerned, 'Hiccup? Buddy?'

Hiccup didn't respond. He just stared at the ground. Toothless looked over his friend. There was a look in Hiccups eyes, a look of surrender...a dead look. Toothless walked over. He barely touched Hiccups shoulder when he jumped ten inches. 'Oh...Hiccup...uh...sorry. I didn't mean to...to startle you.' Toothless easily saw the sudden panic in Hiccups face, the recoil, the heavy breaths. 'Hiccup...are you okay?' Hiccup looked at Toothless. He took slow, deep breaths, and turned away....Oh Hiccup, Toothless could feel his heart break, I understand. Begin forced to kill a human and then a dragon...You probably need some space. Toothless put a few feet between him and Hiccup. He lit the ground on fire then curled up on top of it. Some sleep, however, was going to be hard to get.

Fire roared out as it swallowed the wooden buildings whole. People screamed in agony, dragons were fleeing in terror. Hiccup just stood there, unable to move, speak, or think. All he could do was watch as his new home died. He wanted to do something else; to run over and help a person out of their burning house. But fear coiled itself around Hiccup like a snake, keeping him in one spot.

'Hiccup!' The spell instantly broke when Toothless called.

"Toothless!?" Hiccup spun around and suddenly he was in the woods. There was Toothless, caught in a net. The shine of a sword swung above. It was Dagur. He showed a sinister grin and laughed insanely. "NO!" Hiccup screamed. He rushed towards Dagur with all his strength.

"Leave him alone!" Hiccup jolted forward, his hand reaching out. Before him was a wall, the wall of a cave.

'Hiccup!? Are you okay? What's wrong?' Toothless rushed over to Hiccups side, worried.

Hiccup brought his hand back down to his side, "Uh...yea...it was...just a bad dream."

Toothless looked over his friend to be sure and was shocked to see Hiccups expressionless eyes. 'Hiccup...are you sure...that your okay?'

"I guess," Hiccup said quickly and very plainly. He laid back down and turned to face the wall, "Let's try to get back to sleep." Toothless ignored the offer of sleep. He stood stunned, What...What is happening to my Hiccup!?